Fuel for Thought Time For A Change

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Back in 2014 I made the switch from household moving to expediting. After more than 25 years of moving furniture, it was time for a change. With a Great deal of research, I decided to buy a new truck and lease to Landstar Express America.

READ MORE...

Reactions: Turtle

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you give details of where you got your liftgate, type, weight, cost, etc?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you give details of where you got your liftgate, type, weight, cost, etc?
I got it in Forest Park, GA @ Forest Park Tractor Trailer Service. It's a galvanized Waltco HLF 30 with an aluminum platform. Weight is TBD. I just had it installed last week and have yet to fill tanks , put my equipment back on board and weigh the truck to compare.
I will post weight here once I get it.

Reactions: jhead64

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
jhead64 . The Waltco HLF 30 liftgate + a pallet jack = 1460 lbs.
I believe the pallet jack is about 140 lbs. of that weight.

Reactions: jhead64

jhead64

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you gotten any loads with it yet? I get mixed reports from bco's. Some say they get nonstop liftgate loads and others say they rarely get any.

Reactions: Greg

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have you gotten any loads with it yet? I get mixed reports from bco's. Some say they get nonstop liftgate loads and others say they rarely get any.
I've had a couple liftgate loads so far. But haven't used it yet. 1st one required it, but didn't need it, 2nd cancelled and got TONU. Without it, I wouldn't have been considered for those 2 loads though.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Update on used liftgate.
It was definitely worth it. Have been getting good use of it.
When I first got it
528efdb48e8611f00a2fdb58a5a6e910.jpg
this was after I cleaned one section of the underside
bb2b89b6fcef4a3f394390fba4130255.jpg
completed underside. The blue tint is blue sky reflection, the bottom portion shows the shine.
c8d242f120d7ec119bb517315d252f1f.jpg
starting the topside
a5c96edae4b92aeaba4463b97e783ddf.jpg
completed topside.
A good used gate can be a great asset. And they can be brought back to life, appearance wise. This was cleaned and polished by hand in a few short hours with just elbow grease, never dull and some towels.