Thompson Emergency

G

Can anybody make any comments about leasing on with Thompson Emergency? I've been watching these forums for trends related to specific companies as I am considering entering this business. I've done some other research on Tri-State, Conway, and LEA, and would also be appreciative of comments on these companies. E-mail me direct if you wish to preserve your anonimity. Thanks in advance for any advice!

G

I should mention that I live in Southern Wisconsin about 5 minutes from GM, if that helps with any advice. Thanks again!

G

Robb,

You have to consider Several factors.

What size truck are do you want to drive?
Do you plan to stay on the road for long periods at a time?
Some companies handle more auto freight than others. (Pay is less per run, but you may be busy)

My advise would be to check with several companies. Then go to truck stops and talk to drivers. Or do what you are doing here.
Good Luck
Bob

G

I was leased to Thompson a few years back and liked them.But that was 4 years ago.Things may be diffrent now.

G

I sent out requests to all the exp. companies for a contractor packet, and they were the only ones to not even respond. There may be some tax advantages or disadvantages regarding their location in Canada. I would check in on that.