This Speaks for Itself

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Best way to beat a company like this (Gagan Global LLC) Is for every driver who is working for them now, to find a job with some other company, and let Global fall flat on their face.

The guy who sent the email reply hit the nail on the head. Global is looking to fatten their bottom line and hire cheap labor.

We already have problems and drivers not following the rules because they don't speak English, if this goes through it will get worse.

Like to know OOIDA's take!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's a longstanding tradition of bad management to deal with the symptoms of a problem, usually with manipulative & deceptive advertising as a major weapon, while ignoring the root of the problem.
Funny how what we despise in individuals, like refusal to take responsibility for our own future, insistance on the need for government assistance, etc, are standard operating procedure for so many companies....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Tony
The funny thing is working with a lot of Indians, they don't have a problem with english. In many cases they speak and read or write better than a lot of our "urbanized" kids today.

I found the comment in the article to be true; "The Indian truck drivers have to be able to read and understand English," Gagan explained. "We like them to speak English. They all speak pigeon-English, mostly what they learned in schools."

Where I used to work, they would come off the plane never being in the US and knowing a lot about our country and laws.

the sad fact is here is another case of american laziness. Every one should be writing, calling and screaming about this to thier state and federal elected officials to get restrictions on this form of immigration.

stanleyshenko

Seasoned Expediter
Greg,

The sad fact to me is that we even have to write and call the very people we elected and who swore an oath to protect this country! And to me, sadder still, is that we keep electing the Repubicans and Democrats back into office every time to keep doing the same thing.

But the history of H1B visas goes back a long way. I remember when this happened in the IT industry (my previous incarnation) back in the 80's. These Indian truck drivers will only be slaves to the company sponser holding the H1 visa the worker is using. Legal slavery.

Labor, like DVD players, is a commodity. Production and labor today is international. Need cheaper DVD players? Move production to China. Need cheaper truck drivers? Move them here from India. Everyone wins but the working man.

Stanley

bryan

Veteran Expediter
HI
We are the top consumer in the world.Once we are all unemployed who's going to purchase all the worlds goods?

Also how did we become Santa Claus to the world.We pay more for prescription meds to finance reseach.We pay more for medical treatment to help pay for that reseach.We are going to rebuild Lebenon,Beruit,Irauq,and Indonesia.Boy the US tax payer sure is generous.

We have a porous southern border because Mexico can't house and feed their own people even after NAFTA.I listened to a Mexican radio caller complaining because the US said they were going to send 5 million jobs down to them and we only sent half that.Well I guess that didn't work so I say "If it don't work quit doing it".Some thing is going to have to give.We can't keep going down this road.

Lennen said "Capitalist will produce and sell the rope that will hang them".Looks like he was right.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I've all but quit hauling parts to the big three, because I didn't care for busting my ##### all night to get freight there, then having to wrestle some ##### hole's coffee and donut and newspaper away from him and chase him/her to the forklift to unload me.. I resisted buying a "foreign" car for about 60 years of my life, but, purchased a 740i BMW a couple years ago, and wouldn't buy anything else now that I know. I even purchased a jeep Liberty Diesel a couple weeks ago with European influence and love it. Unfortunately folks, with the ##### poor luck i've had with American truck driving labor, I may try a "foreign" thing again just to see. And, if you don't wake up, they may be driving your truck.