This is too funny to pass up

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It does not matter whether you are a supporter of the war or not, this has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the intelligence that some have.

I read about this ‘rolling’ fast that is going to take place by some idiots protesting the war. Besides being as dumb as a bunch of movie stars sitting in a tree protesting the ripping up of a ‘farm’ they can clearly afford to buy, the idea of a ‘rolling’ fast should have originated on South Park or the Family Guy and stayed there.

Well I am read this article, http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/03/060703223431.le4pgg36.html

And almost p*ssed my pants laughing at this statement;

"We have done everything we could think of to end this war, we have protested, held marches, vigils ... lobbied, written letters to Congress," said Dearborn.

"Now it is time to bring the pain and suffering of war home. We are putting our bodies on the line for peace."

OK?

Putting your body on the line for peace with a 24 hour fast?

OK?

Did you think that this is so ineffective and no one really cares?

Now if you think about it, what is a ‘rolling’ fast? It is where one person fasts for 24 hours and passes it onto another person. Never mind that the person, who used this tactic most effectively, Mahatma Gandhi, fast to protest serious issues that affected everyone around him, these people just don’t get it what it is all about.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like those liberal, pot smokin hippies got some bad weed in the last doobie they smoked. The things they do don't make any sense. Like the whole farm thing, why didn't they just buy it and they could protect it forever. They make no sense to me. That sheehan lady gets on my nerves.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It would be great if all of them especialy Ms Sheehan went to Irag and did their fasting there. I can certainly sympathize with the loss of a son or daughter but her son was not drafted. He volunteered to serve in the Armed forces. When you do that you go where your are sent and do the job you were trained for. While Ms Sheeham is oppossed to the Irag situation she should talk to my wifes cousins son ,who is a US Marine and served in Irag. The average person over there was overjoyed to get out from under Saddam and his tyranny. Remember how prouud they were to vote and in this country elections draw 50% maybe.
I wonder what would have happened to the fasting folks had they tried this demonstration under Saddam Husseins regime.
Spoken from an ex US Army grunt from the 2nd Infantry Divison.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
May I suggest a Kool Aid only diet. Wouldn't want any protesters to get dehydrated.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a good thing that they referred to Shehaan(sp?) as the "bereaved mother". There may have been someone coming out of a 15 year coma that did'nt know about that. The rest of the family has distanced themselves from her on this issue and have said that her son would not be happy with what she's doing. It's funny that we don't hear much about that.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not sure what the movie stars in trees are protesting, exactly, but I'm pretty sure that buying the one farm wouldn't solve the problem - rich as they are, they can't buy them all!
Cindy Sheehan is, in my opinion, a flake of the first order - I mean, what was she hoping to accomplish by a conversation with the President, anyway? What could he have possibly said that would make her feel better? Absolutely nothing, really - so what was her point? She must know that her son would be mortified at what she's doing, bringing his name into it, as if it were on his behalf, when he obviously believed the risk was his duty as an American.
The people making a celebrity of Sheehan are serial flakes!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Cheri,
The stars in the tree issue was the 'LA farm' problem where the owner wanted a few million but the stars wanted him to give it to the 'farmers'. I think it was great that LA had a farm but it is really bad when you have a bunch of people who have the accumilated wealth of 18 times the money needed to buy and improve the land begging the courts, city and the owner to leave it alone.

Oh congrats with the new job, sorry didn't say anything until now.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Greg: Thanks! The money isn't the best, well, actually, the money is nonexistent, but the company is absolutely the coolest, lol.;)