This Board or That ?

G

Good Morning!
I'm glad to see you guys(and gals) are finding your way around the new forum,
and we especially aprreciate the kudos on the new site design. I need a little help from you if possible.
We're trying to decide which forum layout everyone likes best. If you've visited the old site, you've noticed we changed our forum.
Tell us which one you prefer! This one doesn't show all the replies on the same page as the
posts, but it is a little more streamlined, as opposed to the old board that let you see the replies, but took up a lot of pages.
We'll take into account your replies to this query, then based on the numbers, we'll either keep this version, or switch to something
like the old version.
As always, we want to make this the #1 expediter site on the web, and with your input, I'm sure we can get there!
Thanks for the help!!
[email protected]

G

Hi Lawrence, I vote to adopt the new model, it will require a little adaption time , but like anything new there is all ways a learning period to go thru. I especially like the the color scheme, I find it easier on the eyes, more cool, if you know what I mean. Thanks for your efforts on our behalf, it is much appreciated by all , I am sure. Jim Bunting...

G

I also would like to put my vote in for this new format. Being able to access all replies aids in being able to get to all the replies.

G

Easy to get around this new layout as I am a follower of trucknet.com which uses this format. I don't know if I am doing something wrong but would like to have a certain color for read messages and another color for unread messages. Can't find a way to change it in this forum. Can we get "smiley faces", etc? (Hey, I'm not asking for much am I? ROTFL)

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone! Have been offline for about 10 days (not work related) and am doing a bit of catching up. I like the new site, the format and all. Two things I have noticed: 1) cj is right; read & unread messages should be in 2 different colors, and, 2) on the "view topics" drop-down, I clicked on "last 10 days" & got the last 10 topics going back to the 1st. Then I clicked on "last 30 days" & still got the last 10 topics. Am I to assume that nothing from the old format is being brought forward?

The "First Complaint About Roberts Express" cracked me up! Keep up the good work everyone & safe driving to you all!

G

WOW What great feedback, you guys (& girls) certainly dispell the notion
that nobody reads this board!! In response to Eric's query about the old board messages being brought forward:
As the days progress I will be archive the old board so we can have access, however it's a major undertaking so it will take a bit of time.
In the next day or 2, I will modify the board to accomodate the text color request, I'm thinking pink and orange but maybe you have some better combinations!
I'll keep checking the replies and go with the most popular combo.
Have a great Holiday!!

G

Like my fellow expediters I vote for this board..You guys did a great job..

G

Hi all! Just got into this new Forum and i L-O-V-E it! It is great to be able to see all the replies at once, under the original post! Also, it IS a lot faster than the old board. Last, but not least, there is no need to quote the original posting, with no accidents in which the original is quoted, but the reply is accidently lost. Thank you, Lawrence!

Retread

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lawerence,

Great choice for a forum board. It loads fast, clean outline, easy on the eyes, well outline. I vote two thumbs up!

G

Hello Retread,

Thanks for your input. Watch for our new links page.

Lawrence
Expediters Online

G

I like this board and believe it would be better if the read messages were in a different color. If I may suggest, keep to the same colors that you are now using on this page.