Thinking About Going Back On The Road

armin88

Expert Expediter
I've drove straight trucks back in 2010-2012 and really enjoyed it but due to personal family issues I'd left trucking and got into the real estate buzz.Now after 6 years i'm thinking about hitting the road again. Stupid me I'd didn't keep up my CDL so I have a reg driver's licence and i'm okay driving a cargo van or sprinter. With that being said,how the cargo/sprinter world today? I know it wasn't big money back in my driving days but i'm not looking to get rich i'm happy as long I can earn at least $3,000 mo.Is that possible? Any help would be appreciate it.

Reactions: billg27

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It’s possible but not guaranteed. Sometimes you’ll make more, sometimes less. All depends on time of year freight and how often you go home.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It depends on what Carrier your with, but generally a straight truck will deliver more consistent revenue. If flexibility is more important a Cargo Van would be good.

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lawrence, you got that right sir. I see van drivers in my carrier struggle to get loads even at a low $1/mile while we in the straights are solid at $1.9/mile to 2 /mile for most runs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Aaron

New Recruit
Driver
I'm at prime doing my yr otr. I'
From lafayette Louisiana and wanted to know if they had any companies around there and if FedEx had company drivers our just lease op