Cargo Van Thinking about getting into Sprinter

Justsitting

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I run solo tractor in expediting. In the past, I have had a couple tractors with drivers.

What are thoughts on Sprinters? I have the ability to purchase a couple and people with experience willing to drive. But doing the numbers I am not sure the return is there.

Thoughts.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I run solo tractor in expediting. In the past, I have had a couple tractors with drivers.

What are thoughts on Sprinters? I have the ability to purchase a couple and people with experience willing to drive. But doing the numbers I am not sure the return is there.

Thoughts.
If you don't mind sitting, waiting for cheap loads, then by all means, buy a van. If you know beans about the industry, you know better. The big money in this biz is in bigger trucks. Tractor or straight, that's up to you.

Reactions: Turtle

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I know this is a older thread, but I really want to get this out there.

How many roller dogs can you eat?
How many times can you eat Subway?
How much is the headache worth in dealing with ELDs?

When I moved from Sprinter to Flatbed, I immediately noticed that I was shackled to the truck stop. I couldn’t ride to a nice restaurant, or go to a movie, or do anything really.

When I realized that, I knew I wasn’t getting paid enough to be bound to a gas station.

If your mindset is more “life” than bottom line “$”, can you factor in how much it’s worth to not be able to do anything but stare at the Flying J?