Thinking about expediting

Todd Smith

New Recruit
Driver
I have a class a cdl with all endorsements and 12 years of experience but don’t have a teammate.
I was thinking of panther or fedx. Any info on the company’s or good fleet owner to check out would be appreciated

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Before a fleet owner recommendation, what types of trucks and trucking experience do you have? Is your experience current or historical? Do you have a clean MVR?

Reactions: Grizzly

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
..... and 12 years of experience.........
12 years experience in expediting?
Before a fleet owner recommendation, what types of trucks and trucking experience do you have? Is your experience current or historical? Do you have a clean MVR?

Todd has a class A with 12 years experience. Obviously, Todd means basketball, because he said he doesn’t have a teammate, Todd’s a total ball hog.

Todd there are a number of companies advertising on here, call them all up, see what fits for you. I drive for Fusion, and I find them to be a quality company. But find what fits for you.

Todd Smith

New Recruit
Driver
2 years Otr
10 years bulk motor oil,fuel and asphalt at 105,500 local and some asphalt distributor chip seal
It as been 3 years sense I drove last

Reactions: Solar

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Since you don't have recent experience (3 years is a lot) many companies might not want to deal with you. The best way is to call the companies and find out directly from them.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Since you don't have recent experience (3 years is a lot) many companies might not want to deal with you. The best way is to call the companies and find out directly from them.
I think DOT regs are min. 3 yrs otr driving in the last 10 yrs for experience.

Todd Smith

New Recruit
Driver
Thank you all for your input and time I will make some calls to companies and see if I can work with any of them.

Reactions: Solar

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
You could solve your problem by driving a straight truck. Typically, no recent experience required. If interested in a class 8 truck with sleeper, many fleet owners in EO classified section and carriers that are advertising here

Reactions: TeamPaul and Solar