Things I learned while looking up other things

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought this would be a fun catagory. :)
Lets have some fun with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Polor bears are not actually white. They appear white because their fur is made up of hollow, transparent, pigment-free hairs, which scatter and reflect light, much the way snow crystals do.

Underneath the fur, a polor bear's skin is black, which is how the animal appears if photographed with film that's sensitive to ultraviolet light.

sassy_1210

Seasoned Expediter
A Giraffe can clean its own ear's with its 21 inch long tongue.
Also a Giraffe will drink if water is available, but can survive without it. The forelegs are straddled and the knees bent in order to get the head down low enough. While drinking they are very vulnerable and will not drink if suspicious of danger.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

moose

Veteran Expediter
Scientists cannot figure out how bee fly.

a donkey will sink in quicksand, a mule will not.

dogs bite 1 million Americans a year

Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. :D

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Cat paw prints of sage green paint across a Pergo floor can be removed with hot ammonia water and a terrycloth towel. A fact I found out yesterday while spongepainting my dining room wall and my cat showed up. Also, tan paint is apparently tasty to cats. I locked her fuzzy behind in the basement before I opened the ivory can. Didn't need to know what came next.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
If you were born after december 17 1989 you have never known life with out the simpsons.Also if you were born after that same day you dont know who bugs bunny is.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
If you were born after december 17 1989 you have never known life with out the simpsons.Also if you were born after that same day you dont know who bugs bunny is.

Too true. Jeffman and I had this conversation this past weekend; his oldest nephew just turned 22, and the others range in age from 4 to 18. They don't know rotary dial phones, black and white televisions, reheating food in a conventional oven. They will never understand how we got along without cell phones, internet, and know that MTv used to play music videos 24/7.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My daughter doesn't believe we used to have to get up to change the channel [all 3 of them] on the tv, lol. Or that we once had a phone with a 'party line' where you could hear other peoples' conversations. Or the phone numbers that began with letters, and no one even had an area code....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I thought this would be a fun category. :)
Let's have some fun with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Polar bears are not actually white. They appear white because their fur is made up of hollow, transparent, pigment-free hairs, which scatter and reflect light, much the way snow crystals do.

Underneath the fur, a polar bear's skin is black, which is how the animal appears if photographed with film that's sensitive to ultraviolet light.

Fixed 4 errors for ya:D