they'll put anybody on TV anymore....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Saw a few minutes of Honey Boo Boo last week. It's like watching a wreck; you don't wanna stare but you can't help looking :rolleyes:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's precisely why Honey BooBoo and company got renewed for another season. Fortunately, I haven't yet stumbled upon that show yet, so I don't really know what I'm missing.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a taste of what you're missing: You know that "lady part" Oprah was so fond of discussing? Boo Boo calls it a "biscuit". When asked why, her mama explained that it "looks like a biscuit that you'd get at Hardee's". I wonder if Hardee's wanted to be name-checked like that :gasp:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just a taste of what you're missing: You know that "lady part" Oprah was so fond of discussing? Boo Boo calls it a "biscuit". When asked why, her mama explained that it "looks like a biscuit that you'd get at Hardee's". I wonder if Hardee's wanted to be name-checked like that :gasp:

Oh i could say so many things but they are all just wrong.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Oh my I'm pretty sure mine doesn't look like a biscuit she might want to have that checked out!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

BigCat

Expert Expediter
And yes mudman is right. When these shows 16 and pregnant, keeping up with kardashians and many alike started appearing I started buying movies instead of watching tv shows.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I've also started investing in movies...though as a teenage mom I did check out 16 and pregnant...it's not realistic! Hence why I'm 36 on the road and my kids are grown...I raised them first with no welfare! :D

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Yea my wife got pregnant with my first at 19 which we both thought was crazy lol but we raise him right, no welfare here and we both work our asses off for what we have and can give to our 4 year old.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
You know the craziest thing was when I got pregnant all those years ago they had a school program, it was designed to help young parents finish high school. All it gave you was a bus pass and daycare for school...I tried to get into the program and didn't qualify. So they said oh but you can get medicaid, food stamps and afdc! Really?!? When I said no if I can't finish school I'll work they looked at me like I had 3 heads!!
I worked, sometimes 2 jobs...got my GED and never looked back. After my ex and I got together and had my youngest of my 2 I even got to do the stay at home mommy routine. They are 19 almost 20 and 17 now, both are pretty good kids or should I say men. And they are breaking the young parent cycle! Lol!!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

BigCat

Expert Expediter
You know the craziest thing was when I got pregnant all those years ago they had a school program, it was designed to help young parents finish high school. All it gave you was a bus pass and daycare for school...I tried to get into the program and didn't qualify. So they said oh but you can get medicaid, food stamps and afdc! Really?!? When I said no if I can't finish school I'll work they looked at me like I had 3 heads!!
I worked, sometimes 2 jobs...got my GED and never looked back. After my ex and I got together and had my youngest of my 2 I even got to do the stay at home mommy routine. They are 19 almost 20 and 17 now, both are pretty good kids or should I say men. And they are breaking the young parent cycle! Lol!!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Yeah that's crazy how assistance works. You qualify for what you don't want or need but not something to help finish school on your own.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, they'll let anyone on TV alright. They let that Obama moron on all the time.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Bigcat, yet another great statement about the backwards thinking of assistance programs...let's keep them dependent. Give them a hand out not a hand up!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Bigcat, yet another great statement about the backwards thinking of assistance programs...let's keep them dependent. Give them a hand out not a hand up!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Exactly. I think assistance should be bare minimum. Help them find jobs,make sure they go to a minimum number of interviews,make them show proof they are trying to better themselves. But no instead they give them everything they want. It is no wonder they don't want to work.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
And let's not educate them or give them real skills...instead we'll give them all the free stuff and penalize those trying to have some independence! Smh! It's quite ridiculous!

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think a big reason the welfare system works the way it does, is because that's how it keeps itself going. They need to keep their customer base captive, ya know? :rolleyes:

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I think a big reason the welfare system works the way it does, is because that's how it keeps itself going. They need to keep their customer base captive, ya know? :rolleyes:

Very good point! Plus the more babies one pops out the higher the chances of future customers! :p

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(