They are not all heros

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's a link to the original article that the above link is responding to. Why Nevada politicians should stop trying to help veterans
I am not a vet but have to agree that long term welfare for any able body person is not a good thing. I did like one of the Victors line: "We are not all heroes because when everyone is a hero, nobody is a hero."

On a side note I found two Victors from Vegas Venting about Veterans Very unusual.

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I feel some vets need help
We take the cream of our crop send them off to war to kill people and expect them to be okay when they return

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We take the cream of our crop send them off to war to kill people and expect them to be okay when they return
My dad went off to fight in the biggest calamity in human history (ww2) and came back just fine.... he got on with his life and raised a family.

Reactions: ntimevan

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
True but what about those who don't come back okay I have a cousin from nam. Who still wakes up screaming from what happened one night

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
True but what about those who don't come back okay I have a cousin from nam. Who still wakes up screaming from what happened one night

It's funny, we talk about people who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan as war heroes and each and every one of them chose to be in the military. But when the Vietnam war was over, the soldiers coming back were not treated well and most of them didn't chose the military, they were drafted.

What's wrong with this picture?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Moot

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's funny, we talk about people who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan as war heroes and each and every one of them chose to be in the military. But when the Vietnam war was over, the soldiers coming back were not treated well and most of them didn't chose the military, they were drafted.

What's wrong with this picture?

We call them hero's nowadays due to our collective guilt of the way vets were treated during Viet Nam. Imo

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not all veterans are heroes, no. Many of them are. They are all commendable for choosing to make the sacrifices required to serve our country. We should be taking proper care of them. That means NOT spending billions of dollars on illegal criminal aliens, not one single penny on them. It's time to do the right thing and cut the illegals off completely and transfer that money to our veterans.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not all veterans are heroes, no. Many of them are. They are all commendable for choosing to make the sacrifices required to serve our country.
Yes they do.
:)

We should be taking proper care of them.
Yes we should.
:)

That means NOT spending billions of dollars on illegal criminal aliens, not one single penny on them. It's time to do the right thing and cut the illegals off completely and transfer that money to our veterans.
Off topic.
:pokepoke:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
QUESTION IS ADD DIABEATES OR ASTHEMA WHAT WAS YOUR REASON FOR NOT BEING PATROTIC AND JOINING THE MILITARY AND DOING YOUR SERVICE. WHAT. YOU TRIED TO READ THE THING WHILE I WAS TYPING AND LOCKED IT UP. I WANT TO HERE YOUR EXCUSES. WRONG ANSWER BUD I HERED THEM ALL SAVE YOUR BREATH.

I chose not to enlist in the military when I was younger, now if I wasn't too old I probably would enlist so that I could take the place of some 19 or 20 year old who has not had a chance to have a life before they are sent to a war zone.

I lost a nephew in Afghanistan and think we are wasting money and lives trying to fight these wars on the other side of the world.

By the way, trying to blame me for the picture being changed, if you are going to make up an excuse, at least make it believable.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It doesn't make you a hero.......