There goes them YRC loads some carriers do.....

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
The freight didn't go anywhere. That freight will find it's way to a truck somewhere, just presents an opportunity for the guy who knows how to get a truck under it. err...that's what I think anyways :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The freight didn't go anywhere. That freight will find it's way to a truck somewhere, just presents an opportunity for the guy who knows how to get a truck under it. err...that's what I think anyways :D

Hopefully that freight finds its way into the Load 1 system....:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"The change of operations, which must be approved by the Teamsters union..."

That's just so very, very wrong.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
"The change of operations, which must be approved by the Teamsters union..."

That's just so very, very wrong.

Yeap, wrong on sooo many levels...These unions are soo far out of line they do nothing but hurt companies now...And i grew up with a dad that was a Teamster member, shop stewart and BA...but that was a different day...they have out grown their usefulness....

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I picked up a shipment at Yellow's Burnsville, MN terminal last week and delivered it to South Dakota. It took Yellow 11 days to get the freight to Burnsville from Milwaukee, about 350 miles. I suspect this freight took the scenic route to Burnsville. It took me about 6½ hours to go the last 375 miles to South Dakota.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I picked up a shipment at Yellow's Burnsville, MN terminal last week and delivered it to South Dakota. It took Yellow 11 days to get the freight to Burnsville from Milwaukee, about 350 miles. I suspect this freight took the scenic route to Burnsville. It took me about 6½ hours to go the last 375 miles to South Dakota.

Hope you left some money behind....LOL

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wasn't in your neighborhood. South of Mitchell on the Nebraska border. Beautiful Avon, SD.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Doesn't sound like a big change except they are going to quit competing with the other companies they already own. Amazing it took them years to figure that plan out.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't sound like a big change except they are going to quit competing with the other companies they already own. Amazing it took them years to figure that plan out.

Somewhere deep within the confines of YRC headquarters, in a "top secret" meeting. Joe says to Bob "Hey, what would happen if we stopped competing against each other for this here freight". Bob says " Well, it sure would make my life a lot easier. I've cut my prices so deep now that I'm basicly hauling freight for free just to compete with ya". And a plan was born :D

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Somewhere deep within the confines of YRC headquarters, in a "top secret" meeting. Joe says to Bob "Hey, what would happen if we stopped competing against each other for this here freight". Bob says " Well, it sure would make my life a lot easier. I've cut my prices so deep now that I'm basicly hauling freight for free just to compete with ya". And a plan was born :D

like.jpg

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I worked for Roadway three years. The management often lacks basic common sense. We had a rule that if they stuck you away from home out of hours you got lots of hourly pay. They never had to put themselves in this position. When we started sleeper teams they thought we could not run out of hours. In a private meeting with an upper level VP ($150,000 per year type) he asked me why we kept screwing the company by running out or hours and creating wasted hourly pay ? We were on very strict schedules with them calling the shots. I explained that i and my partner worked 11 hour shifts with two hours of breaks each 24 hours. 11 hours logged per day put us at 66 hours after 6 days. I'd run 4 and partner would run 4 and before noon on day 7 we'd be out of hours. 36 hours or so til we could run. Not our fault the company sent me to Fargo instead of home to Chicago. His response was "You're a team, you can't run out of hours ! Why are you guys screwing us ?" the THIRD time I explained it to him he understood it. They soon started getting us home for our time off. If you did not have the hours to do a trip and return home they were not required to offer you the trip. They could FORCE you to take the trip and wait in a hotel to pu hours. Then they paid the penalty money.