The world ending?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is the world ending or something? The Detroit Lions are now 2-0. They beat KC 48-3. How strange is that? :confused:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Is the world ending or something? The Detroit Lions are now 2-0. They beat KC 48-3. How strange is that? :confused:

They are using the schwartz :D

320_May_the_schwartz_be_with_you_1024x768_.jpg

Camper

Not a Member
The Red Skins and Houston Texans are also 2-0 and I don't hear the same fan fare over those two teams.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Red Skins and Houston Texans are also 2-0 and I don't hear the same fan fare over those two teams.

Let's see, I am NOT from Houston, I am NOT from DC (thank goodness for that) I am from the Detroit area. The Lions have been losing for YEARS. This is NEW for us. I think I was either 6 or 7 the last time the Lions won anything. I am 60 now. This is AMAZING stuff for those of us from this area. We are having FUN! The Wings are great, the Tigers are in first place, the Lions are 2-0 to start the season. All is well in the "D"!!!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
A refreshing stat I just heard on ESPN. The last time the Lions won in a blowout was against Cleveland in the 1957 Championship game. Lol. As for the Lions their motto has been "Rebuilding since 1957".

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A refreshing stat I just heard on ESPN. The last time the Lions won in a blowout was against Cleveland in the 1957 Championship game. Lol. As for the Lions their motto has been "Rebuilding since 1957".

But now they have "The Schwartz" :D

93042121.jpg.22230.0_crop_340x234.jpg

320_May_the_schwartz_be_with_you_1024x768_.jpg

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Indy is going for the first pick in the draft this year. Gonna try and snag Andrew Luck

Yea but, Miami is trying really hard to win the first round draft pick too.:mad:

Great to see the Lions playing well. I was born it 58' so I never got to see them on a winning streak before.:D

JimmyB

Seasoned Expediter
Let's see, I am NOT from Houston, I am NOT from DC (thank goodness for that) I am from the Detroit area. The Lions have been losing for YEARS. This is NEW for us. I think I was either 6 or 7 the last time the Lions won anything. I am 60 now. This is AMAZING stuff for those of us from this area. We are having FUN! The Wings are great, the Tigers are in first place, the Lions are 2-0 to start the season. All is well in the "D"!!!

LoL, I know the feeling. I'm from Monroe, MI myself... grew up in Newport!

JimmyB

Seasoned Expediter
Ah yes, Pointe Mouillee.... Was just out there fishing a few weeks ago. I still make a trip once or twice a month out that way. I grew up on Estral Beach on the Canal Front with the atomic plant in plain view... some say that's what is wrong with me today! lol

Anyways... Glad to see Detroit getting some wins!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
HOLY CHRISTMAS TREE BATMAN!! The Lions ended a 13 game losing streak to beat the Vikings in MN!!!! The Lions are now 3-0!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Home of that world famous ski resort - Mt Trashmore. :rolleyes:

Hey, I worked at Mt. Trashmore when I was in high school!! Riverview has the best boat ramp on the Detroit River. It is protected and the angles on the ramp are PERFECT. What more could you want?

By the way, Mt. Trashmore now provides MOST of the energy required for the Mustang plant in Brownstown. Gotta love those landfills!! People forget that "natural gas" is a RENEWABLE resource and landfills produce a LOT of that fuel.