The truth about the Zimmerman case!

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
First let me say this I believe in the right to bear arms,and I think the more people have carry permits the better. I should say responsible people. Also I believe in our justice system and I except the not guilty verdict. The jury decided not guilty on the way the case was presented to them,all said and done he is not guilty. Now let me say this Zimmerman did not have to shoot Martin,I doubt his life was in danger. He may have been in danger of an a** whopping but not death.Could he not have smacked Martin in the head with the gun or some other course of action,no he shot him because he didn't want his a** beat. How many of you have been in a fist fight more than once, I know I have. If you are gonna carry you have the responsibility of knowing when to shot and when not to. I know this will stir a lot of flak but it is my belief Zimmerman should have been tried for Involuntary Manslaughter.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In Michigan it is illegal to use a concealed weapon EXCEPT to shot to kill. Any other use is considered "brandishing" and it not legal.

The law in Florida, IF I remember correctly, does not say that you can shoot ONLY in the case of possible death but also in the case of severe physical harm.

I carry, often. I can tell you that under NO circumstances could I, at 62, hold my own in a "fight" with a 17 year old "child". ANY attack by such a "child" would likely end up with me being severely harmed or killed. I will shoot if need be.

Having said that, I am very unlikely to put myself in that position in the first place. I rarely go into areas where "stuff" happens. Just like I will NEVER go to the Kroger store in Monroe after dark. Drug deal city there. They now have security there all times now. I also don't go there unless I am armed.

I am FAR more likely to have my home broken into, which has happened. Had I been home when those TWO "children" broke into my house there likely would not have been a court case or jail time served by them. I ASSUME that IF a person breaks into my HOME, where I have NO legal or moral requirement to retreat, that they are likely to do bodily harm and will act accordingly.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Maybe and maybe not. We will never know since we weren't there.

Maybe his is the kind that can't fight his way out of a paper sack. I will say if I'm ever attacked in the instance I got a kid who is in better physical shape than me, I too will shoot.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Drawing your gun to hit someone over the head is made for movies.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree with you 100% Layoutshooter,but don't you think Zimmerman was capable of fighting back?

I have NO idea. I was not there and was not in the court room to hear the evidence presented. I know ONE thing, Martin was no "Child". The other thing I believe is that it is likely that Zimmerman was not the sharpest tack in the box.

IF I saw a "stranger" in my neighborhood I would, first, call the police. Second, stand in front of my house, armed, so the "stranger" could see me. I would not follow, unless the "stranger" tried to break into a neighbors house. Ever since we had the break in at my home, and another attempted break in at a neighbors house, we all look out for each other's property. IF a stranger TRIED to break in around here he/she/it would be stopped, with or without the cops. NO ONE has a RIGHT to break into a persons home and EVERYONE has a RIGHT to keep and own property and has the RIGHT to a safe home.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Florida state laws also establish involuntary manslaughter if the prosecutor shows that the defendant used excessive force during self-defense or the defense of another person. The prosecution and defense can look at the facts and circumstances of the killing to determine whether the defendant reasonably believed that self-defense was necessary; if not necessary, the state might proceed with an involuntary manslaughter charge. - See more at: Florida Involuntary Manslaughter Laws - FindLaw

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They also have a law that allows you to use more force than your attacker is. Ie gun for fists. Kind of contridict each other.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I agree with your replies all good sense. My point in posting this is to imply that Zimmerman was over charged.He should have been charged with Involuntary Manslaughter,not Second Degree Murder. He may very well been found not guilty of that as well, we can't know but he should not have been charged with Murder.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
In other words how could the State of Florida have ever expected to prove second degree murder in a case that might be self defense?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In other words how could the State of Florida have ever expected to prove second degree murder in a case that might be self defense?

Well, the police originally did not charge Zimmerman because they were not sure of the case. THEN Obama and Co. got involved and the rest is what we got. Obama wants an end to our ability to defend our selves and will exploit ANY incident that MAY suit his need to bring about that end. He could care less about who he uses or exploits to that end.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They also have a law that allows you to use more force than your attacker is. Ie gun for fists. Kind of contridict each other.

I see no conflict in a law that allows me to use greater force than my attacker. Again, at 62, a 17 year old "child" could kill me without a weapon. SO, I carry an "equalizer".

No matter how one cuts it, NO ONE has a RIGHT to attack my wife or myself and we have EVERY right to do what we can to insure we survive ANY illegal attack, home invasion etc. By what ever means we choose to employ.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Well, the police originally did not charge Zimmerman because they were not sure of the case. THEN Obama and Co. got involved and the rest is what we got. Obama wants an end to our ability to defend our selves and will exploit ANY incident that MAY suit his need to bring about that end. He could care less about who he uses or exploits to that end.
That is exactly why they overcharged Zimmerman and why they lost,if they had gone with Involuntary Manslaughter they might have pulled it off!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First let me say this I believe in the right to bear arms,and I think the more people have carry permits the better. I should say responsible people. Also I believe in our justice system and I except the not guilty verdict. The jury decided not guilty on the way the case was presented to them,all said and done he is not guilty. Now let me say this Zimmerman did not have to shoot Martin,I doubt his life was in danger. He may have been in danger of an a** whopping but not death.Could he not have smacked Martin in the head with the gun or some other course of action,no he shot him because he didn't want his a** beat. How many of you have been in a fist fight more than once, I know I have. If you are gonna carry you have the responsibility of knowing when to shot and when not to. I know this will stir a lot of flak but it is my belief Zimmerman should have been tried for Involuntary Manslaughter.

I'm sorry, you never produce your weapon unless you are going to use it. I don't know about you but when someone is sitting on my chest slamming my head against the ground I consider death at least a possibility. It would be pretty stupid to risk losing one's weapon by swinging it like a club or a hammer and have it used on you. The responsible person only produces his weapon when he knows he's going to use it and the responsible person doesn't use his weapon in a manner in which it wasn't intended. That's being a responsible gun owner.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I agree with your replies all good sense. My point in posting this is to imply that Zimmerman was over charged.He should have been charged with Involuntary Manslaughter,not Second Degree Murder. He may very well been found not guilty of that as well, we can't know but he should not have been charged with Murder.

The vast majority of legal experts said he was over charged to begin with and that he shouldn't have even been charged with manslaughter. The problem with involuntary manslaughter is proving it was excessive. The only places to shoot Martin were the abdomin or head since his legs were over Zimmerman's body which could mean he Zimmerman may shoot himself if he tried that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see no conflict in a law that allows me to use greater force than my attacker. Again, at 62, a 17 year old "child" could kill me without a weapon. SO, I carry an "equalizer".

No matter how one cuts it, NO ONE has a RIGHT to attack my wife or myself and we have EVERY right to do what we can to insure we survive ANY illegal attack, home invasion etc. By what ever means we choose to employ.

The conflict was with the other orida law posted. Just fyi some states you cannot legly use more force than being g used against you to defend yourself again ie gun verses fist. I know stupid but so.e laws make no sense.