The Sitting Dock,post ur sit days.

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Delivered Tuesday early afternoon and STILL sitting at the Grand Rapids, Minnesota Wal-Mart...don't you know!

Looks like a long weekend in Mn...going to stop taking these off the beaten path loads!!

zack100

Active Expediter
Yeah, I'm a newbie but have been out 3 weeks now - sat 3 days in Arden, NC and it got old in a hurry. Sat in a WalMart lot and the good news - could walk to McD's and hustle the internet. Found a nearby hotel and a wonderful person at the desk allowed me to watch TV in their lobby (some won't). While sitting also recalled a nearby stream coming out of the hills, decided it was worth my sanity to burn a little gas to swim (with a bottle of shampoo). Dang, being stuck at the J for 4 in Birmingham ..... rough ! Me thinks all empathize.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The City of Grand Rapids, on the banks of the Mississippi River, is located approximately 80 miles northwest of Duluth and 175 miles north of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. The City serves as the county seat of Itasca County and is situated at the junction of U.S. Highway 169 and 2 and State Highways 38, 6, 46 and 65. The population is 10,869. Grand Rapids is in the heart of Minnesota’s beautiful resort and recreation area. With abundant park and recreation facilities, Itasca County hosts thousands of tourists each year. As a recognized regional center serving a population of approximately 40,000, Grand Rapids enjoys a reputation as one of the top cities in per capita retail sales in the state of Minnesota.

Just gotta ask...only 175 miles, less then 3 hours and in many cases too far out to be eligible for Minniapolis loads..

By a dispatchers watch you are 6.5 hours out of touch...for 20 bucks you could be back in the game....why waste time up there...?

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Just stubborn, but spent last 4 days in a motel on the shores of Forest Lake.

Will move somewhere on Monday the 4th !
cd959cce-1459-c19e.jpg

Dave Martin
144" Sprinter

Last edited: