Looking Both Ways The Professional Drivers Resume and Drivers Application for Employment

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
How a Resume Can Assist the Professional Driver and Tips for Resume Building

This post of Looking Both Ways will take a look at reasons why professional truck drivers should consider maintaining a professional resume. Many may think resumes are not necessary to land their next driving job but having a well-constructed resume may make a job transition easier. It can also benefit you in other ways. Keeping a resume digitally will allow you to easily update it as needed. It is wise to keep "supporting" documentation with that resume also. You will notice many similarities between the resume and the driver's employment application.

READ MORE...

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
I recently had to do a drivers resume as I was applying for my first driving position in nearly16-years. Since I have not driven professionally for the last 16 or so years, it was tough to recoup all of the old data and experience. But now that I have it, I plan to keep it as current and as viable as possible. This will be the resume that I will be sending out to prospective owners and companies that I might wish to drive for.

After reading this article, I did realize a couple safety awards that I did not get added to my "diver resume" and thus I will need to update it again. Enjoyed the article, thanks for posting!