The New Norm?!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Well, we finally had a broker come out and say it.

“We pay every 54 days now. Payment will be released around the 20th of this month.”

And it's a big broker too.
Lots of loads.
Lots of carriers running their loads.
Lots of money being slowed down.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
It's been the trend, moving that way over the last 6-8 months. This was just the first broker to come out and say 'Yep, we're a slow payer.'

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That would make me nervous. Leading Edge who was a good size broker filed Chap 7 just the other day and shut the doors. Carriers really need to look at and watch who they do business with.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, we finally had a broker come out and say it.

“We pay every 54 days now. Payment will be released around the 20th of this month.”

And it's a big broker too.
Lots of loads.
Lots of carriers running their loads.
Lots of money being slowed down.

That's corporate America, wait to pay your bills until you absolutely have to, and they expect us to pay our bills on time?????

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not good...

Lol, we can certainly learn from the nature and we know what the outcome will be. In this case...pain, pleasure, and rewards(calves).

Thinking outside of the box here, I see the similarities.

It's always a pain for any change in the routines.

But then you get the pleasure of using the creative thinking to plan for the new financial strategies.

The rewards of being paid every 2 months? The delay will force many of us to do better business and personal financial planning, reduction in unnecessary and impulsive spendings, and more capital preservation.

....that if the broker don't close up and run off with our monies, lol.

NTHEWIND

Seasoned Expediter
That's corporate America, wait to pay your bills until you absolutely have to, and they expect us to pay our bills on time?????

Yes indeed. You pay for truck repairs before they will give you your truck. It is hard to believe that trucking companies pickup freight and deliver shipments and then are willing to wait nearly 2 months to get paid.

geffrey

Seasoned Expediter
"Trucking at it's best". Cannot believe our government could let something like this happen! It's only a matter of time before major changes come to this transportation industry.

Shippers think rates are expensive now, they will look back soon and wished for "old times" again.

Hefty rules, regulations, increasing cost of this business, and driver shortage will GREATLY change this business for the better soon!

tknight

Veteran Expediter
i dont mind the 3% cause my pimps add all charges to the top of load rate, not my money...........

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
"Trucking at it's best". Cannot believe our government could let something like this happen! It's only a matter of time before major changes come to this transportation industry.

Shippers think rates are expensive now, they will look back soon and wished for "old times" again.

Hefty rules, regulations, increasing cost of this business, and driver shortage will GREATLY change this business for the better soon!

Feel like I just woke up out of a deep sleep. I would have swore I read this same thing ten years ago? Going back to bed.:cool:

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
That would make me nervous. Leading Edge who was a good size broker filed Chap 7 just the other day and shut the doors. Carriers really need to look at and watch who they do business with.

Don't worry John - all Carrier companies and their salesmen require "personal guarantees" from the shippers and brokers before hauling freight for them, or allowing them to incur hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt to the Carrier, right?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and the reason for the 54 days is?.......Its not like there is a depression going on or anything....