The new Ford Transit Full Size

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
Well being a sprinter man like I am, I am hard to make change when it comes to new vehicle. Recently I had the opportunity outside of Kansas City to try out the new full-size Transit . Besides being roomy and comfortable, it had all the modern adaptions we could need as Expeditors,with plenty of room and more overall space than the sprinter. The one that I tried out was the 3.0 liter i5 Diesel. equipped with the Microsoft Sync technology, cruise control,and cargo van setup and the longest wheelbase you can get with the 2500 model. To say the least by the end of the test drive I was majorly sold. But as with all things the boss wants to see how they act while other people own them, and if they are as much to take care of as the sprinter. EVEN though my sprinter has nearly seven hundred thousand miles on it, it is still working great!!!! I do look forward to adapting over to the new full size transit within the next year and being able to haul those loads that I've had to turn down before because they were too much weight.

If anybody has their opinion on this so far ,please feel free to list I would like to get a long chain going on this one ,since this is a new vehicle on the market. and if anybody owns one I would like to have their input on it.

guido4475

Not a Member
Well being a sprinter man like I am, I am hard to make change when it comes to new vehicle. Recently I had the opportunity outside of Kansas City to try out the new full-size Transit . Besides being roomy and comfortable, it had all the modern adaptions we could need as Expeditors,with plenty of room and more overall space than the sprinter. The one that I tried out was the 3.0 liter i5 Diesel. equipped with the Microsoft Sync technology, cruise control,and cargo van setup and the longest wheelbase you can get with the 2500 model. To say the least by the end of the test drive I was majorly sold. But as with all things the boss wants to see how they act while other people own them, and if they are as much to take care of as the sprinter. EVEN though my sprinter has nearly seven hundred thousand miles on it, it is still working great!!!! I do look forward to adapting over to the new full size transit within the next year and being able to haul those loads that I've had to turn down before because they were too much weight.

If anybody has their opinion on this so far ,please feel free to list I would like to get a long chain going on this one ,since this is a new vehicle on the market. and if anybody owns one I would like to have their input on it.

Aren't there several threads already started on this very same subject?.......

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Aren't there several threads already started on this very same subject?.......

What's wrong with wanting to start a new more current thread?

Stay safe
KG

Last edited:

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
I own a Ford transit 350 T long wheelbase high roof. Ecoboost 6. So far so good. 2500lbs Chicago to Dallas just now and performed great.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Early numbers have the Transit getting close to Promaster numbers. Promaster numbers are falling while Transit numbers are increasing. Neither has passed Sprinter numbers alone but combined they are really starting to hurt the Sprinter sales. All are ahead of Nissan.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1416254486.474770.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I own a Ford transit 350 T long wheelbase high roof. Ecoboost 6. So far so good. 2500lbs Chicago to Dallas just now and performed great.
Is this the "extended length", long wheelbase, high roof model?

How many miles so far?

How do you calculate your fuel mileage; pen and paper or onboard trip meter?

What does it weigh empty?

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
That's correct. High roof extend length. Largest body configuration offered. Single rear wheels as pictured in my profile picture.

I just started in this so as I sit here I have 4,678 miles on it. Headed to St Louis from Chicago tonight.

So far I've simply been using onboard computer but I am beginning to plug my fuel info into Garmin as well to see what the difference is.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Early numbers have the Transit getting close to Promaster numbers. Promaster numbers are falling while Transit numbers are increasing. Neither has passed Sprinter numbers alone but combined they are really starting to hurt the Sprinter sales. All are ahead of Nissan.
View attachment 9984

well DUH...:rolleyes:
don' t need a graph to know that...from 0 competition to 3

Last edited:

ishipforexcellence

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
Does it seem to stay in top gear at highway speeds without downshifting to 5th when running hills or a headwind?

It's been really smooth. I set the cruise to 65mph. I've only noticed it edge above 2,000 rpm a couple of times when I was driving the hills south of St Louis, but barely noticed it. I had 2,500lbs going to Dallas and it performed really well. Empty back :(