the new dispatchers

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i wonder how many ever did this kind of work before. i heard today that bolt had a van in wash state and the driver called in that he was empty. new woman dispatcher told him.....stay there its a hot spot for us. we get a lot of loads from wash state. washington state??

now please, stop insulting us drivers. how can every spot we end up in be a hot spot of activity? i hear the phrase......real hot spot or we're very busy today waaaaay to many times to take it seriously. you may be busy in ohio and michigan but if i am sitting in tulsa or dallas, i don't care, get me out of here!!

one dispatcher,who is no longer with the company, moved my driver from mpls to st louis because it was very busy there.(i was later told it should have been no further than chgo, well ooops!!) 600 freakin miles? then after the truck got to tulsa from st louis the driver was told to dh back to jackson tn. how many drivers/owners can live on 1100 miles of dh in 7 days? i sure can't. so please someone talk to dispatch and have them make good decisions. please.

Last edited:

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Back in June I was offered Freight from "Pontoon Beach" in Ill, just across the Mississippi River from St Louis to Loveland Colorado. I asked "how often do you get Freight back" "we are working on the return load now" I was told so I took the load, pick up Thursday @ 2 PM deliver Saturday @ noon. So I took the load, sat until Tuesday eve offered to move some where else. Had me dead head 600 + miles to Kansas City MO. Which I could have done over the weekend.

Last edited:

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
Back in June I was offered Freight from "Pontoon Beach" in Ill, just across the Mississippi River from St Louis to Loveland Colorado. I asked "how often do you get Freight back" "we are working on the return load now" I was told so I took the load, pick up Thursday @ 2 PM deliver Saturday @ noon. So I took the load, sat until Tuesday eve offered to move some where else. Had me dead head 600 + miles to Kansas City MO. Which I could have done over the weekend.

in the dispatchers defense they will tell what ever they can to make you take the load if it had been me more then likly i would of taken the load and maybe deadheaded back to Kansas city over the weekend on my own when ever they told me we are working on a return load i would just say good then hang up the phone and laugh and think ok blow some more smoke up my @## lol
hopefully i will be back soon Anne no promises or exact date working on a straight truck or maybe even bigger

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i was told the dispatchers are supposed to be telling you when you head over the mississippi that the higher pay is to aid the cost of returning empty. this is a new policy so look for that. now i need to get my driver moving for his good and mine.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Th e only thing i have to say is, i am not stupid, and while i was born at night , it wasn't last night, please don't insult me with this crap that you are working on loads for me as we speak, especially since i have been sitting for 3.5 days.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Samuella!! I will believe it when I see it! LOL!!!

Now boys......If there is issues with dispatch....Please by all means call Scott, Brian or myslef (and if you can catch Mark..LOL). We'll see what can be done and handle the situation.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication and most of all your patience! You drivers are what makes Bolt Express!!!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I really don't think they are doing anything that they haven't been trained to do. It is their job to keep the drivers appeased when they call in asking why i have been sitting for 2 days.

But the fact is we all understand that it gets slow, be honest and don't b/s us. Theres one guy, he has been there along time from what i have heard, he just tells me, "theres nothing happening" i can respect that, but when i have been sitting for 30 hours, call in and i am told that they are bidding on freight for me now, and im still sitting 18 hoours later, i don't need smoke blown up my butt.

I chose to get into this business at this time k owing it was a down yr and a slow time of the yr. The dispatchers don't know that, but just being turthful goes along way.

I think this is more of just a "vent" then a complaint, I know while at the time it "T's" me off, but im soon over it.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Chef, I understand how you would appreciate honesty. But....remember...just because they are bidding does not mean they are getting the loads. Maybe a quick phone call reiterating this may resolve a lot. I will direct this to the powers that be and see what they think.

Dan, You never called me with this issue. You should have called me! I can always do my best to resolve any issues. And if I can't be of any help..Then I can always have Brian step in.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Chef, I understand how you would appreciate honesty. But....remember...just because they are bidding does not mean they are getting the loads. Maybe a quick phone call reiterating this may resolve a lot. I will direct this to the powers that be and see what they think.

Dan, You never called me with this issue. You should have called me! I can always do my best to resolve any issues. And if I can't be of any help..Then I can always have Brian step in.
ann i thought it was just me.....not 4 to 5 others that i have met and heard the same.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
Dan,
Never said it was only you. But most of the others call me with concerns. When you have a problem...please give me a call. I will do my best to help solve the porblem.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Just a thought folks, but since you have to be affiliated with Bolt Express to post here, But anyone on the Internet can read here. Why not keep the negative private to Anne M. or someone else at Bolt and post what you are happy with.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Don't eat beef or poultry, and consume multiples of red bull and 5 hour energy...( i take them together at 4 hour intervals)

i'd have taken it in a heartbeat.....:D