The National Weather Service seeks Bids for 46,000 rounds of Ammo....

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Maybe they are going to war LOL. It isnt like they can predict weather and better than handle a gun.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I bet their fed up with weather bug, and are going to take it out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
NOAA is one of the seven "Uniformed Forces" of the United States. It is not one of the five "Armed Forces". However, the NOAA Corps, which consists solely of commissioned officers, currently 321 of them, are armed and are affiliated with the various branches of the Armed Forces. The role of the NOAA Corps is leadership and command functions during a time of war or national emergency (and to keep tree huggers tempered in times of peace). They mostly perform administrative and clerical functions, but also serve on board NOAA ships and aircraft. Often unarmed while om duty, they still have regular weapons qualifications and practice they must undergo.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And here I thought it was to shoot down weather balloons. :eek:

GERM%23932.jpg

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
46,000 rounds? Wish I had that, RANGE TIME!! :cool:

According to Dr. Turtle, 321 men, divide that into 46,000 rounds, and wala, u have 143 rounds each. Now if they practice at all, thats not alot of rounds imho. Most of us at the range just messing around on a Saturday go thru 300 rounds of 9mm and that is really not very much per person.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to Dr. Turtle, 321 men, divide that into 46,000 rounds, and wala, u have 143 rounds each. Now if they practice at all, thats not alot of rounds imho. Most of us at the range just messing around on a Saturday go thru 300 rounds of 9mm and that is really not very much per person.

That is why I want them to send that 46,000 rounds to MY house! THAT would make a good weekend at the range! :p

143 rounds PER YEAR was more than I fired when I was in the Army. That is, after I got out of basic. I bet I only fired 60 rounds TOTAL in the time I was in after basic. That's OK, the army did not teach marksmanship anyway. Good thing I knew how to shoot BEFORE I went in!

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
NOAA is one of the seven "Uniformed Forces" of the United States. It is not one of the five "Armed Forces". However, the NOAA Corps, which consists solely of commissioned officers, currently 321 of them, are armed and are affiliated with the various branches of the Armed Forces. The role of the NOAA Corps is leadership and command functions during a time of war or national emergency (and to keep tree huggers tempered in times of peace). They mostly perform administrative and clerical functions, but also serve on board NOAA ships and aircraft. Often unarmed while om duty, they still have regular weapons qualifications and practice they must undergo.

Hey now logic not allowed, you can't scream conspiracy with that in the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry. What I meant to say was, don't be fooled by the big busted weather girl on channel 5. She's a trained killer.