The Michigan Republicans..... Embarrassing

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Accuracy suggests a more fitting statement would be "Politicians, embarrassing".

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Accuracy suggests a more fitting statement would be "Politicians, embarrassing".
Partially true in this case. The Repubs control Michigan government. They could get this done alone if they really wanted to.

Reactions: RLENT

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wasn't aware of who was in control in MI., just thinking about politicians in general. It's a shame really, how the bad and embarrassing ones give the other 3% a bad name.

Reactions: Ragman

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually, I don't call it embarrassing, I call it criminal. Our roads and bridges are literally crumbling and this is best they can do.
:mad:

potholes.jpeg

Damaged-bridges-pose-problems-for-metro-Detroit-drivers.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How can they spend money on roads when they continually spend it on tax breaks and incentives to any & every business that promises to bring jobs? And if/when said promises aren't kept, who knows? Not the legislators who voted to give them the money, because they don't attach any requirements to provide the promised jobs. Business gets the money, voters get the promises.
"Too many legislators can't agree to anything because they fear challenges from the right" seems to be a problem all over the place lately.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, thank goodness democrats never make all kinds of promises of free money, but if they do there are no expectations of receiving anything in return from the recipients. Then again, states that I'm aware of don't just hand out piles of money to business on the hope they'll move. They give tax breaks that are only applicable after the business moves and is operating in the state so the jobs actually exist. It plays better characterizing it the other way though.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, thank goodness democrats never make all kinds of promises of free money, but if they do there are no expectations of receiving anything in return from the recipients. Then again, states that I'm aware of don't just hand out piles of money to business on the hope they'll move. They give tax breaks that are only applicable after the business moves and is operating in the state so the jobs actually exist. It plays better characterizing it the other way though.
What does this have to do with the roads getting fixed. Our roads are literally crumbling. The Republicans control state government, they could pass a funding bill without the Dems if they wanted to. Why don't they? This is absolutely criminal on the Repubs part. IMO and many many others.:mad:

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
What gets me the tax money has been there for roads.
But it's being spent outher places
Now we need more tax money for roads.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's one way to fill potholes. A bit bumpy at first, but they should smash down and level out.

Since that's pretty much the cause of the potholed horrors, it seems only fair to employ it as the solution, no? :rolleyes:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
We have nice roads here in Middle Tennessee and we ain't got no educaation....yep , them thar yankees, they be smart folks up thar, I hear tell ......................

Reactions: paulnstef39