The Load Board Is Open!!! (2)

G

ExpeditersOnline is pleased to announe the opening of Expedite Loads.Com ... The Load Board for The Expedited Freight Industry..
Check it out at www.expediteloads.com

G

I was wondering how long the company types would start freaking out with a system like this. $#!@$ I think its way over due- I'm tired of owning my own in truck(s) "on paper only".

Anywho, Talk about discounted freight - the companies are FIRST ones in line to cut the price on freight- then threaten to cancel your leaese if you dont haul their garbage. If I'm gonna haul garbage at least I can refuse it without retribution! What are you afraid of?

Sounds to me there is going to be a little more INDEPENDENT in independent contractor (or bco, bce, o/o or whatever you go by)

Ya Mama

Telling it like it is from the Iowa 80 in Walcott, IA.

The X

PS Sign me up ex loads

G

Heh "X" - How many sales calls have you made on customers? You drivers are forced to deal with the rude, dockworking schlepps who are passing time till they can find a job that will pay them a dime more an hour. My father drove for 14 yrs (O/O in TL market)- I've also spent many hours in a truck, so I appreciate where you're coming from! However, If you were to sit down and meet with the true Decision Makers in their Ivory Towers at these manufacturing companies, you'd find out what really drive's their decisions - service. Everybody thinks that it's money - only if the service is EQUAL does it boil down to money. I've known many customers to leave a cheaper carrier because they couldn't continually provide as good of a service as a carrier 5-10% more. This is because that little savings in Transportation charges has cost them dearly in the form of contract penalties and lost customers.
Call me a skeptic, a company type, a %*@%$#, whatever you like - I just don't see the SHIPPER'S, who need an expedited service, turning to this. The FREIGHT BROKERS will be the best target as they will have the opportunity to move alot of freight.
The shortest distance between two points is still a line. You have the customer calling the order and the driver who makes it happen. Ideally, for customer and driver, the customer would call the driver directly. But, without a middle company acting as a conduit to bring the two together, there's very little chance of a customer hooking up with a driver.
Simply, I don't see the shipping public using this.
The other concern I'd have as a driver is collecting payment for a shipment. How will that be handled? In driving for a company, if it's a good one, you know when you'll get paid. I'd hope that you and other drivers have the capability of getting a customer's credit card number and collecting against that. I know that if I was a driver, I wouldn't want to have to carry that customer's bill for 60-90 days while the paying party's bean counters process the bill.

G

Expedite Loads was developed because we received so many emails from drivers and carriers looking for this type service. We have never claimed to be a non-profit organiztion, (although every one of our sites is free except for Expedite Loads). This is a business, and there is overhead to cover.
Drivers already understand the benefits of the Load Board, and shippers and brokers are now being invited to post their loads. Yesterday, over 175 brokers were given access to the board to post their HOT LTL loads, and next week the major shippers will be invited.
We anticipated some resistance from a few carriers but we feel they will utilize the service as well (albeit undercover).
We will not delete negative responses about the board, we invite your opinion, but out of the 200 drivers and carriers that have signed up we haven't had any complaints. Loads that have been posted so far have been covered in a matter of hours, so we think this is the wave of the future.