The Garden Corner 2015

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
May be a little late this year..but I'm just planting leeks, tomaotes, green peppers and jalapeno seeds today.3/3/15

Also on the hydroponics the 5th picking of green beans today and my strawberries are forming fruit. :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guess its official. Ya know spring is almost here when juju starts posting about her garden.:cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
JuJu had another picking of our Hydroponic beans today....they are coming in fast now...

IMG_6096.jpg.......:)

all cut and blanched/cooling...

IMG_1757.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vandriver2

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
3/5 Put the seedlings down in the basement under the growlight...amazingly enough the cabbage seeds are starting to sprout!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
It was warm enough to get out the hose and clean the winter off of the deck...and set up the bird baths and wash them out and refill with water and refill the feeders. Looking around I see a ton of things that need doing..like cutting down last year's dead growth on the roses and flower beds.. and I'm thinking a rake wouldn't hurt to help the grass out! I think when Ken gets home this time the garden will need tilling as my potatoes will be here in about 3 weeks.

Love this time of year!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was warm enough to get out the hose and clean the winter off of the deck...and set up the bird baths and wash them out and refill with water and refill the feeders. Looking around I see a ton of things that need doing..like cutting down last year's dead growth on the roses and flower beds.. and I'm thinking a rake wouldn't hurt to help the grass out! I think when Ken gets home this time the garden will need tilling as my potatoes will be here in about 3 weeks.

Love this time of year!

Lol..I guessing when you say ...cleaning winter off the deck your cats had nothing to do with that.....:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
10150566_339855456203275_2920409667566252132_n.jpg

Tilled the garden yesterday....going to get some manure today to mix in over at cousin's....:)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
3/16/

Now my leeks and jalapenas are up! And the garden is tilled and ready...went from 80 outside yesterday to 35 today so it'll be awhile before we can plant!

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
You all got good weather going there, and I thought you would be freezing, not so.
It still gets pretty cold at night..gardening is all about being patient and admittedly I'm not the most patient person in the world.
But the good news is I'm starting to see green on the lawn!:)

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
It still gets pretty cold at night..gardening is all about being patient and admittedly I'm not the most patient person in the world.
But the good news is I'm starting to see green on the lawn!:)

My one and only pet hen, an Ameraucana, is now starting to lay one egg a day now that the super cold and snow is gone. She free ranges, no chicken coop,sleeps/roost on the back porch which is open. Spends her day scratching for bugs and such. Gets along with the 2 dogs, yes it is a All Creatures Great and Small here and they have us trained,lol.

Last edited:

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I get most of my eggs from my sister's ranch...they're free range all day but get locked up at night for safety sake..ie coyotes and wolves and other varmits.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I was going to put out my glad bulbs today since it's supposed to be 60, but from what I've read it's still too cold at night...so I took them out of the presoaking water and put them back into egg cartons to dry...hope I haven't ruined them.