The foundations have been shaken!

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is everything we have been taught just so much bovine solid waste? Can we ever again have confidence that what we have always believed is true? And, what effect will this have on, arguably,the most popular cartoon dog? So many questions...

It has been announced that Pluto is not a planet. It has been placed in a new classification, dwarf planet. We'll probably have to refer to it as a "little planet". We've all dealt with this sort of thing before. Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy. But by the time we were told the truth, we really had it figured out anyway. This is different. What's next? McDonalds is really health food? You really can make 500k a year working half an hour a week at home? Paris Hilton is actually a Rhodes Scholar?

If we help each other, I really think we can get through this.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No, I don't want to think about redifining planets as little planets, or stars as just large flashlights in the sky, all of it is too confusing and depressing. Next thing you know they will put a stop to partly cloudy days completely and we will be stuck with partly sunny days for the rest of eternity... too much :eek:

I am resolved to stick to the idea that any object floating around in the sky that is bigger than my state is still a planet and Paris Hilton is most definitly a 'roads' scholar! :*