The forum

EH

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-00 AT 10:39PM (GMT)[/font][p]I like the look of the rest of the website, however I preferred the old forum. It seemed more open and accessible. I am not sure if I will use this forum as it does not seem to be nearly as user friendly. Sorry, but that is my first impression. Ed

OK, its not so bad after all, Keep up the good work guys.

I cannot believe the number of folks who read the posts and how few bother to comment, or offer helpful posts. Ed

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I like it myself. It took a little while to get used to but now that I know how to navigate it I like it. I like the aspect that you have to register to use it. And I like the emotion icons. Compared to some of these boards I read this one is pretty easy (You want to see a comfusing one check out the one at www.thesimpsons.com ) I think give it time and you will grow ro like this better the more you use it.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-00 AT 09:13AM (GMT)[/font][p]http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6ab916b891a19.jpg
Lawrence McCord
Expediters Online.Com

Hello Ed,

First let me say welcome back! - We have missed your posts since our upgrade.

We knew that there would be a period of **Shock** to the folks in our Online Community when we upgraded the board. Hey, we were in shock ourselves! But when we moved to our new server...the old board was not compatible with the new server. We knew we had to make upgrades anyway, (the other board had some terrible security issues!) so it seemed like our decision was made for us.

Give it a try - play around with it. You'll find this board let's you do all kinds of things with it. Even upload dumb little icons like this: http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6b93c38b69ae7.gif

Or say you want to tell us about this truck you have....a picture is worth a thousands words Remember, I'm not doing anything special - these are not "admin" features only. ANYONE can make their posts stand[h3]OUT![/h3]

http://www.expeditersonline.com/dcforum/User_files/38f6bb4443023a56.jpg
I'm making my point with this picture. See. It's Easy!

Once you get aquainted with this board you can do so many things with it. You can:

- allows You to change your password, account info, and their profile.
- Your own Online Profile
- Your own Signature Block
- Alert feature (Notify Admin of offensive post)
- Edit capability (edit your post anytime)
- Reply with quote capability
- EMail notification (Be notified when someone replies to your post)
- Option to display original message in the post form
- Topic rating system (How valuable is the post? give it a 10!)
- Ability to sort topics by any fields (customize it for your preference)
- Email topic to friend
- Printer Friendly Format
- Intellink - automatically links URLs
- Option to allow image links
- Emoticon Icons
- Option to allow HTML
- Extensive search capability - Keyword search by author, subject, and message. Keyword search one forum or all. Keyword search archive.
- Message Views (How many times has your message been read)

Best Regards,
Lawrence McCord
Expediters Online.Com

Jim

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
While I agree with Lawrence that there are a lot of things that we can do with this new setup, we would be smart to remember that some of our users are new to computers in general, and forums in particular. The fact that this forum now requires a sign-in makes some folks shy away, because they think they have to pay something. I know that is not the case, but I have had drivers ask me this.

On the other hand, the fact of a sign-in will get rid of the crazies who come in with the intent to cause trouble. I am sure we all remember this happening before. I think that was a major distraction, and made us look bad, too. Jim Bunting...

EH

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thanks a lot. I really enjoy the forum and learn a lot to boot. Its usually interesting to find out what so many others are thinking and experiencing. Good Luck with the new look. Ed

TRUCKNMAMA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi, this is my first time here and really enjoyed it. We're pretty new to expediting. My husband & I have driven 18's for over 20 years. We're working for O/O for the past 7mo and sorry we didn't make the switch much sooner. Its a little slow right now but I'm sure it will pick up soon.
We had a great Nov,Dec,Jan. Feb OK. Mar, we were home for most of the month because we were trying to buy a truck but it didn't go through. Apr. has been bad. We're runing for FECC. I'm not used to being a #. Oh well you can't have it all. Great to know this site is here. Thanks