The Feds Criminally Charge The Fed

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter

Looks like UPS & Google already got shook down for some easy cash and FEDEX isn't go to pay out without a fight. Why are these pharmacies operating? FEDEX, UPS and GOOGLE aren't the criminals here... they (except FEDEX) are just easy money. If one of my tenants commits a crime, should I be charged because I am a landlord? What about a fleet owner? When that driver for Expedite Services was murdered by his In-Laws, should the Government file charges against Paul & Jason Williams? And what if any of his drivers partake in a little "VICE" activities while in their trucks...FEDEX, UPS, GOOGLE aren't the judge and jury of society and should not be placed in that position. The government is way out of line IMHO. Thanks for posting... good material to ponder.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just another, in a VERY long line, of extortion tactics the Feds are using to force revenue out of the private sector, since they can't get any new taxes pushed through. Government out of control is a VERY ugly thing.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just another, in a VERY long line, of extortion tactics the Feds are using to force revenue out of the private sector, since they can't get any new taxes pushed through.
Could be extortion. Could be the government has some strong evidence or a least they think they do. The indictment alleges FedEx conspired...

The indictment alleges that
FedEx Corp. conspired with two related online pharmacies for 10 years ending in 2010.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Could be extortion. Could be the government has some strong evidence or a least they think they do. The indictment alleges FedEx conspired...

FedEx Corp. conspired with two related online pharmacies for 10 years ending in 2010.

Does seem like a crock by the Feds. They can allege anything they want. But may have to point the finger at there own USPS. I would image a lot of illegal things get sent without their knowledge. After all, "If it fits, it ships" :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

FedExCorp. conspired with two related online pharmacies for 10 years ending in 2010.

I just don't trust the government to be honest. There is no history of it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If one of my tenants commits a crime, should I be charged because I am a landlord?
If you are a gun manufacturer, should you be held responsible for what customers do with your guns? If you are a bartender, should you be responsible for what patrons do after they leave your bar? If you are the president, should you be responsible for every single day-to-day decision by everyone in government? As a delivery company, should you be responsible for the contents of every package you deliver and ensure that prescription medication you deliver (a) requires a prescription and (b) that the prescription is valid and (c) the recipient has a valid need for the medication?

Some people think yes on all counts. I think it's ridiculous to expect gun manufacturers and bartenders to baby sit adults 24/7, that the president should sign off on every decision made by everyone, and that package delivery people should have to have medical degrees in order to deliver packages.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

FedExCorp. conspired with two related online pharmacies for 10 years ending in 2010.

and we will probably never know either....Fedex will pay the extortion fees....and it will be swept under the rug.....

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
If you are a gun manufacturer, should you be held responsible for what customers do with your guns? If you are a bartender, should you be responsible for what patrons do after they leave your bar? If you are the president, should you be responsible for every single day-to-day decision by everyone in government? As a delivery company, should you be responsible for the contents of every package you deliver and ensure that prescription medication you deliver (a) requires a prescription and (b) that the prescription is valid and (c) the recipient has a valid need for the medication?

Some people think yes on all counts. I think it's ridiculous to expect gun manufacturers and bartenders to baby sit adults 24/7, that the president should sign off on every decision made by everyone, and that package delivery people should have to have medical degrees in order to deliver packages.
Well I will have to say yes to one... the bartender can be held responsible... if.... "Dram Shop" Laws Hold Bars Responsible | Lawyers.com

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is a VERY slippery slope to start down. Anything and everything will then end up being controlled. Ford, Jim Beam, Firestone, ALL get sued because some idiot drives drunk. Ruger gets sued too because the idiot had a 10/22 inside a case in the trunk. Plano does not get sued, even though they made the case, because they opted for the 25 million dollar donation to the "Elect Hillary" fund. Which is mandatory if you wish to avoid law suits.

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Could be that postal service is failing so lets go after fedex

Sent from my SPH-L520 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No I don't think so. No reason to cut their cash flow. They just need money for illegals/border crisis at the moment. :cool:

I thought the government got it's money to pay the human trafficers their fees from their kick backs on the heroin sold here.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
I'm not defending the government. I am just saying maybe they do have a case. We don't know the evidence that they have. If you accept a package from a known drug dealer,are you responsible for it's contents? Maybe FedEx knew these companies where not supposed to sell direct to consumers.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm not defending the government. I am just saying maybe they do have a case. We don't know the evidence that they have. If you accept a package from a known drug dealer,are you responsible for it's contents? Maybe FedEx knew these companies where not supposed to sell direct to consumers.

In another article I read [can't find it now], that's what the govt says: that FedEx was informed on multiple occasions that certain 'pharmacies' were not legit, and assisting them to deliver their products is also illegal, but the warnings were ignored. If that's true, they are culpable.
Try considering it with something else in place of Valium, like bioterrorists suspected of shipping anthrax via FedEx: would they continue to accept questionable packages? If harm resulted, would they be partly to blame? If so, what's the difference?