The end is near for windows 7

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Being one of the last people who gives into upgrading a perfectly good system, I was not happy to see today that my old faithful Windows 7 will be coming to a end for support and upgrades.

Since security will become a issue, I'll have no choice but to move up.
Since I know my current desktop will not be able to handle Windows 10,
I'm sure I'll be eyeing up Windows 8 first :JC-hysterical:

windows_7_.png

Reactions: ntimevan

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, this may have a bigger impact then when they stopped supporting my Iphone 5C :rolleyes:

Not just for me, but I can't count the number of business's I been to that I'm surprised are still running on Windows 7.
Most of whom are running on older computers that just won't cut the mustard for a full upgrade to Windows 10, like mine.
So for many, it will involve buying new computers or a lessor upgrade and hope that will last for a while longer.

Maybe a good time to invest in some computer manufactures or software :JC-hysterical:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, this may have a bigger impact then when they stopped supporting my Iphone 5C :rolleyes:

Not just for me, but I can't count the number of business's I been to that I'm surprised are still running on Windows 7.
Most of whom are running on older computers that just won't cut the mustard for a full upgrade to Windows 10, like mine.
So for many, it will involve buying new computers or a lessor upgrade and hope that will last for a while longer.

Maybe a good time to invest in some computer manufactures or software :JC-hysterical:
If you're interested in saving alot of money, I have friend I know in NW Indiana that reconditions and upgrades Computers as a side Business.

...$$$$

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you're interested in saving alot of money, I have friend I know in NW Indiana that reconditions and upgrades Computers as a side Business.

...$$$$
That's how I got this one, (locally), when my last one crapped out, saved a ton ;)
Funny, I could have got one for about $20 more running Windows 10, but that's not what I wanted to run, and I already owned the Windows 7 software.

He did look at me kind of strange over that decision :rolleyes:

Reactions: ntimevan

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Linux user for 6 years. I can run windows 1-10 in a "window" with emulation, but I haven't found any reason to other than chuckles

Gaming excepted, altho Steambox helped

Reactions: RoadTime

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ooh fair warning. You'll come to regret that. Microsoft is moving to a monthly paid subscription model at an unknown time

I'd had enough of it long ago

Jason2

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Windows 10 on this laptop and cant get used to it. My last desktop had XP. Loved it cause I had everything on it where I knew where everything was on it. Girlfriend wanted one with a lot more memory. She hasn't put anything on it yet. Its 2 years old now.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Don't worry about upgrading yet. After support ends you will still have a couple of good years left. More important than the operating system is your web browser. Once it no longer supports the operating system (security wise) then it will be time to upgrade. When that time comes, don't even bother with windows 8, just go right to 10. By then an operating system newer than 10 will be out so that's always the best time to upgrade to the previous version. People that think they need to always be on the leading edge more times than not end up on the bleeding edge instead. I plan to ring every last day I can out of win 7 before upgrading. Who knows, as mobility and off grid needs increase, laptops will be losing market share more and more to tablets where iOS or android are the predominate choices in Os's anyways so I wouldn't sweat it too much.