The drought ends!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Detroit Lions are going to the playoffs for the first time since 1999. The score was 38 -10 over the Chargers. The Lions dominated! :D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Nope you got it wrong. It my surprise you that what I'm allergic to, has to do with the same thing the country is allergic to and you among others scream about - welfare.

I'm allergic to using my tax money to fund a stadium for a team who should have gone to the superbowl at least once since they move while the owner is making the money and the team is losing, the people are funding the upkeep through special taxes. We don't get a real return to the city and I don't get a return of my tax dollars by any means.

Sports at a professional level should be treated the same as your favorite carrier or brand of beer, it is there but your life shouldn't begin and end with them winning or losing - that is a sign of a personal problem that needs to be addressed with professional help.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is the "Sports Page". Please take the pontificating to the "Soap Box"!!

Some just like to enjoy the fun for a bit. You do know what fun is to you not? GEEZ.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
This is the "Sports Page". Please take the pontificating to the "Soap Box"!!

Some just like to enjoy the fun for a bit. You do know what fun is to you not? GEEZ.

No, all of it is a sports related issue and an opinion. You don't have to read what I post.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I think the big change was in leadership. They now have a coach and players that they can believe in.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The thread is about the Lions going to the playoffs, and someone wants to talk about tax funded stadiums. Ya can't make it up.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I said it before, and I will say it again!

May the SCHWARTZ be with them!

jim-schwartz-detroit-lions1.jpg

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Is that item in his hand the splint from handshake-gate?

Glad to see my Bills in first place, finally.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
It is amazing to me that many of my friends who were basically Cheez Heads during the super Bowl last year are now dragging out their old Hawian Blue and Silver.

I am not sure about the rest of you but if you ever cheered for the Packers you can't be a true Lions Fan. Fair weather supporter, sure. Lions fan, definately not. True Lions fans are unique, we have gone through one dissapointment after another and yet still wear our Lions gear in public. (though a few of us decided to boycott purchasing Lions stuff until Matt Millen got fired)

Congrats Lions and I tip my hat to those of you who believed that the roar could be restored.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I've never been a Lions fan. I'm happy for them in the sense I'm happy about any downtrodden team that finally rises up. I'm happy for the people in this area who finally have a football team they can be proud of. So in that sense I'm happy for em.

I root for the Cowboys in the NFL. Favorite teams are generally formed when you're young. Way back in the day I never remembered seeing the Lions on tv. It always seemed to be Dallas.

Mostly what I remember about any Lions success is that when they beat Dallas in that playoff game, holy jumpin did I take a lot of razzing. Yet the next few years when Dallas went on to win Super Bowls no one seemed to want to own up to being a Lions fan.

I hope we get Detroit (we've gotta make the playoffs first I know) in the first round. We owe em one for this year & we owe em one for the last time we played in the playoffs.

Prediction- Dallas 35, Detroit 21.