The Daytona Tortugas

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The Cincinnati Reds new Advanced Class A affiliate in Daytona, FL is the Turtugas, which, of course, is Spanish for turtle, or tortoise.

Homepage6_eg6fcipd_vk660w9g_zps0f62d84e.jpg

You can vote for the name of the mascot. too!
Click here to vote!

New_Mascot_Naming_b71soti4_gkjeeuvr.jpg

I'm partial to Shelldon, but while the logo looks mean, the mascot looks a little too Tito for my tastes. :rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Here's hoping he doesn't suffer the same fate as his brother Titus, who was hit by something while taking a breath. The blow trapped the air inside, and caused 'buoyancy issues', or, as I call it: bubble butt. He has to live at Clearwater Marine Rescue, rising & falling like a perpetual drunk, lol.
Titus looks like the logo - the mascot looks like he's all excited over milk & cookies, lol.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Here's hoping he doesn't suffer the same fate as his brother Titus, who was hit by something while taking a breath. The blow trapped the air inside, and caused 'buoyancy issues', or, as I call it: bubble butt. He has to live at Clearwater Marine Rescue, rising & falling like a perpetual drunk, lol.
Titus looks like the logo - the mascot looks like he's all excited over milk & cookies, lol.
Or a $1.50 a mile load.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Visiting the Dry Tortugas would be FAR more interesting than a lousy A ball baseball team for sure.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Visiting the Dry Tortugas would be FAR more interesting than a lousy A ball baseball team for sure.

I think there's a lot of things more interesting than shooting ducks, but I've never had any reason to say it, so I didn't. I can't figure out why you have to disparage something that doesn't interest you, rather than say nothing.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Minor League (and Independent League) baseball is actually a lot of fun, and it's much closer to "pure" baseball, especially at the Class A and AA level, than is Major League baseball. They don't call MLB "The Show" for nothing.

I see a lot of Minor League baseball every year, because we end up in places often a stone's throw from a Minor League ballpark. At the Class A level (and Independent League) there's no glitz and glamour, no high dollar contracts, no high dollar luxury seats, no ridiculously overpriced concessions. It's just baseball. For the love of the game. Play ball.

Teams by Geographical Location | MiLB.com Official Info | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Minor League (and Independent League) baseball is actually a lot of fun, and it's much closer to "pure" baseball, especially at the Class A and AA level, than is Major League baseball. They don't call MLB "The Show" for nothing.

I see a lot of Minor League baseball every year, because we end up in places often a stone's throw from a Minor League ballpark. At the Class A level (and Independent League) there's no glitz and glamour, no high dollar contracts, no high dollar luxury seats, no ridiculously overpriced concessions. It's just baseball. For the love of the game. Play ball.

Teams by Geographical Location | MiLB.com Official Info | The Official Site of Minor League Baseball

This^^^^
I will have to say, The Great American is a great/fun venue and reasonably priced. Truck parking sux tho.