Fuel for Thought That's Not My Job

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
'That's Not My Job' or 'I Don't Get Paid To Do That'
We have all heard it. Maybe it was you who said it.

As an owner-operator, while it may be technically true in some instances, it may a be part of my job at this moment.

No one wants to do their job for nothing, or someone else's job for that matter, but are you really? When situations arise in the course of your work day that are thrust upon you as one of your new duties, how do you react?

Treat these opportunities for what they are, opportunities.

READ MORE...

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
They also don't wear the Uniform right weather at the Customer or around in a Truck stop. Disrespect. Another issue is Cleaning out the cargo box (sweepers not there Job) . Not to mention the Junky non Maintained Trucks that are out here. Yes not there Job as well to maintain them.. If I am the customer and I send for a truck and the driver came in shower shoes & pants low to show the underwear and truck or Trailers cargo box un-swept and got junk. I Wouldn't call back for a another load either. Oh yea and its not in their Job description they don't get paid to hold Sweepers. Pride and Conviction where did it go.

A lot of People forget this. Drivers are Customers of the Company, & The Company we are Customers of give us Customers to serve (Haul for). If you want to get Good Customer Satisfaction and keep getting Customers then you need to represent the company that we are customers of. By Serving the Customers we are given. Doing so means we will get Good Customer satisfaction from the company in the form of more Customers to sever. (Loads)..

Just because they are cheaper don't mean they are as good. Remember the Quality Goes in Before the Name Go's on..

Garbage is taken out
Have a nice day.

12573743_1714871762081427_2456619464596445841_n.jpg

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Don't understand his part about uniforms, but I get ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But also keep in mind its not my job to operate their equipt or loading their freight including the doors, dock plates, or lift trucks. Not my liability if something goes wrong.
Will I do something xtra at the docks? Yes if I like the folks on the dock. It has nothing to do with taking care of the customer.. I don't know the customer, they are not my friend and propely don't wanna be friends with me. It about being treated with respect and not looked down upon like some dog they just kicked.. They act right I'm more then happy to help anyone.

Reactions: fastman_1 and Greg