skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
e·dact
/rəˈdakt/
verb
past tense: redacted; past participle: redacted
  1. edit (text) for publication.
    "a confidential memo which has been redacted from 25 pages to just one paragraph"
    • censor or obscure (part of a text) for legal or security purposes.
I went off to college a long time ago, like over 45+ years....I do not remember using redacted, I'm old...

I do not remember using the word vetted....Nancy does not use that word anymore..After so many months the media finds a new word to use on us. Why? Well, they have to earn a living and a new word now and then show us how smart they are and how unsmart we are....lol Life moves on..................

PS I would really like to see a 25-page report squeezed down into 4 sentences.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
You've probably seen many news reports showing redacted documents submitted by police to news outlets or from the White House to congress members. The pages are usually shown with blacked out words, sentences and paragraphs leaving few words legible so as to make the page or pages worthless to the reader seeking information. Redacted documents are not condensed like a Reader's Digest version of a book or like Cliff Notes, they are merely obscured to a point of worthlessness.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The left love nothing more than new words that take something bad and make it sound neutral or even good so all their lower intelligence minions will latch on and support their unworthy causes.