Thanks to ALL the truckers.

Penguin

Expert Expediter
I am a female who lives in Canada, and recently took a solo 7,500 mile vacation to Arkansas to see some friends - yes I took a bit of a wandering route.

I was hauling a 35' fifth wheel with a Ford F350 dually crew cab through many of the western USA States, and I am STILL marvelling over the courtesy shown on the road, and the consistant respect shown to me at the truck stops.

At one point I had a tail light burn out after I had started my driving for the evening, and a trucker followed me into a rest area to tell me about it. He departed immediately after warning me that the State Troopers are on the watch for missing lights.

So to each and every one of you, kudos, deepest thanks, and how I envy you in the beauty of your country! May God Bless your miles.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hi Penguin, It's nice to see that non-truckers somehow find their way to our web site. Thank you so much for all your compliments about truck drivers and our beautiful country. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip. My what a brave soul you are to take on such a task solo!! Hubby and I drive team and I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to go out on the road without him! I think you should consider a new career in the trucking industry cause it sounds to me like "you got what it takes!!" Kudos to you, what an accomplishment!

Just Killin' Time!!
DD

Penguin

Expert Expediter
Thanks DieselDiva, but had you been with me through Denver with all their road construction, you would know there is no WAY I could ever do it solo for a living! HAHAHA, I was a wreck after that madness!!

I enjoy reading through the various forums, as it gives me a better understanding of how to not annoy the "Big Boys?Gals" on the road. Who knows, the next time I'm down there, we may just cross paths!!

P.

redddfeather1

Expert Expediter
Welcome to Denver! I hope you made it out of here with your rear bumper and tailpipe intact as about 30 cars a day will try very hard to remove one or drive up the other.........tossing a Snicker Bar and fries and gravy to Penguin for bravery through Denver.......:9