Tesla Will Take Orders for Its Solar Roof in April

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

much needed jobs for the Buffalo area....and yet another nail in the coffin of big oil....
if every home had a secondary power source of green energy we would not need yet another pipeline...
even home sized windmill power is available at a reasonable cost these days...let the power companies eat that dirty old coal and oil...
Correct me if I'm wrong ..
Isn't petroleum used in manufacturing asphalt tiles/shingles?
Double whammy to big oil.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: brokcanadian

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well any major whammy to so called big oil will just mean new taxes in other areas including solar and wind. Our government makes big money off of taxing oil. They aren't about to lose that revenue.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

much needed jobs for the Buffalo area....and yet another nail in the coffin of big oil....
if every home had a secondary power source of green energy we would not need yet another pipeline...
even home sized windmill power is available at a reasonable cost these days...let the power companies eat that dirty old coal and oil...
Correct me if I'm wrong ..
Isn't petroleum used in manufacturing asphalt tiles/shingles?
Double whammy to big oil.

It would one day be nice to leave MOST of oil in the ground... I was just thinking of home heating fuel...
Americans last year used a few million less gallons of gas thanks to the new cars and trucks so I read ... as the old gas guzzlers disappear and electric cars get better and better...,and mpg' s continue to rise

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well any major whammy to so called big oil will just mean new taxes in other areas including solar and wind. Our government makes big money off of taxing oil. They aren't about to lose that revenue.
All money being equal .. would it be beneficial to burn less fossil fuels?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

I installed a 24 panel 7.5 K system at my house in Indiana a couple years ago, had $2-3 monthly electric bills. When I sold the place and got full head for it, the purchasers wife announced at closing "she didn't want those ugly things staying in the yard". I agreed with her, and told her I would remove them by Summer. Win-win, but it still defies my logic.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I installed a 24 panel 7.5 K system at my house in Indiana a couple years ago, had $2-3 monthly electric bills. When I sold the place and got full head for it, the purchasers wife announced at closing "she didn't want those ugly things staying in the yard". I agreed with her, and told her I would remove them by Summer. Win-win, but it still defies my logic.
I was eyeing one of them residential wind kits...as well as panels....I have plenty of property to put them....
Indiana wouldn't buy your excess back? or no excess or couldn't be bothered?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

I was eyeing one of them residential wind kits...as well as panels....I have plenty of property to put them....

Indiana Lawmakers are in love with Coal. Yes, Utilitys are required to buy produced electricity, however, I was on a REMC AANNDD, they are considered a private business and not governed by the Utilities Commission, soooo, get the vasaline out..........get it?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Indiana Lawmakers are in love with Coal. Yes, Utilitys are required to buy produced electricity, however, I was on a REMC AANNDD, they are considered a private business and not governed by the Utilities Commission, soooo, get the vasaline out..........get it?
South Dakota surprisingly being such a tight arse GOP state ... seems to believe in monopoly ... no buy back laws on the books... they protect big business !!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army

South Dakota surprisingly being such a tight arse GOP state ... seems to believe in monopoly ... no buy back laws on the books... they protect big business !!

Wind would be a good ad on for you in the Dakotas, Indiana not so much. My # one Son sells and installs wind and solar in Alaska thru his business and wind gets the folks there thru the cold DARK winters. Regardless, i'm a real believer in Solar and will be happy to get my system up and running in Florida. Indiana I was getting 41/2 cent kwh (BECAUSE THE REMC WAS BEING GRACIOUS) In Florida I get 12 cent per kwh for my over production. Fairly good roi.