Terminated from trucking! Next step?

Khofo

New Recruit
Researching
Good morning friends i'm new to this forum
I have class A with 11 months experience and got terminated from Swift for using my phone while driving.. it was 2 seconds to answer the phone but anyway it's past now. I applied for 15 trycking companies and keep getting rejected.
Now i need a job.. should i start and get straight truck? and how can i get the loads? please help i'm broke.Thank u guys.

Reactions: billg27

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wonder how Safety found out about a two second phone call. If it was a ticket, then the carrier was fined serious money ($11,000 probably). No other carrier is going to look at that and go, "I gots to get me some of that!"

Don't know if this is current, but...
Maybe this had something to do with it...

"Swift To Put Driver-Facing Cameras In All Trucks. Swift, the third largest commercial carrier in the United States, has announced that it will be outfitting all 6,000+ company vehicles with driver-facing cameras. ... They work by using both forward-facing and driver-facing cameras to record constantly".

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A piece of duct tape will cure that.

Sent from my SM-T597V using EO Forums mobile app
you-thinki-cant-fix-it-with-duct-tape-do-you-51918801.png

Warrior

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
This looks like a termination due to safety and on your DAC record. If so, trying to drive a straight truck is the same as driving a Class A. Its all about insurance, and risk mitigation. Try to get a copy of your record, and see what shows on it. Please don't buy a truck, only to find out afterwards, you can't drive it due to this same issue.

Reactions: davekc and Moot

TheScuba-Drivers

New Recruit
Driver
I think that serval things are against you. 1) You only have 11 months of experience, which I’m gonna guess you got your CDL through Swift. 2) You now have a huge CSA score which won’t go anywhere for I believe 24 months. So like someone else mentioned, either look for a new profession or your gonna work for someone like a towing company. I hate to be negative but this is what your most likely looking at.