tech update on neat receipts

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Dan, it works for me, since i bought a "neat works" scanner a week ago......And it is Neat!!! No more faxing, no more transflo and other document transfers other then scan and e-mail.....:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So, what is so cool about it? I'm using the basic el-cheapo 3 in 1.

It's size, it is only a foot long and about 2" thick. It does not print however so you have to have a printer as well. I don't like the 3 in Ones, if you lose on thing you lose it all. My preference is muliple toys.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Layout is right as far as he went, the size is great...it actually is stored in the "cubby hole" in the dash under the radio, it is small. Then the fact that all i have to do is scan BOL's, Gas Reciepts, and expense reciepts and the scanner organizes then in tax deductable and non taxabel and simple documents and puts them in folders. Everything can be recalled by "key" words from the files. If i want all reciepts from the Flying J, or loves, it will pull them up and not all the rest.

No more need to fax BOLS or use Transflo...scan them as a PDF and they go to the "documents" on the laptop and i just e-mail them.....no special service for online faxes or using the fax machine from where ever and i don't have to pay for those services now....

1 small piece of equipment and 1 cord to hook it to the usb port on the laptop and it is done.....and i haven't even figured out half of the stuff it will do as far as filing and tax issues...the update that Dan posted about had all the new updated tax filing systems in it, so even though i screw with paying the irs, i still file....and this should help in that issue as well. and di i say it was small.....:D

as for not printer, i didn't have oe before this, and if i need a copy of something, i can either pay for that or wait till i get home..and No ink cartridges or paper to buy and store.....

Oh and i save all my BOL in a folder for each month...i can then recall and export a single BOL or the whole folder if the need comes up...and i can also import files from the "documents" of my laptop...it really is a "neat" little tool.....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ours has worked for 3 years now without a problem. We do carry a cheapo printer as well. It has more than paid for itself since we bought it.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Ours has worked for 3 years now without a problem. We do carry a cheapo printer as well. It has more than paid for itself since we bought it.

We carry a bluetooth capable printer as well but for those who don't, a small usb flash drive works wonders.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the link Diva. I see the value in what it does that makes it more than just a scanner.