Team Showers

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
My wife and i always shared a shower but now that I have a new co driver I am wondering how to get team showers.
I know at T/A and Petro you just take your shower ticket to the counter and ask for a team shower.
How do Pilot, Flying J and Loves handle this?

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My wife and i always shared a shower but now that I have a new co driver I am wondering how to get team showers.
I know at T/A and Petro you just take your shower ticket to the counter and ask for a team shower.
How do Pilot, Flying J and Loves handle this?

For Pilot/Flying J, just push the button that says do you have a co-driver when getting shower if using the rewards card machine. or just tell them at purchase, never ran into a problem when I was running team.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Loves is the same way. Just tell them at the counter you want a team shower and it uses just 1 shower credit.

A lot of flying j's and pilots don't want you to print a shower certificate from the kiosk if your going to be team. They swipe your pfj card behind the counter and give you 2 showers also for just 1 credit.

Basically get the slip at TA and Petro and everywhere else go to counter directly for the showers. Only ran into a couple franchised pfj's that wouldn't do team and required 2 shower credits. We just didn't use them and went down the street to the next truck stop.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks for the replies. Now we just need our first run. Getting dispatched out of Florida is usually a pain.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Think new guy can be ready to go on 15 mins notice ?

My wife's first run. Getting ready for church, Sunday morning. We get the call. Gotta go NOW !

I'm driving, 3 hours into the run she realizes her CDL is in the car ! :eek:

The on call concept is hard to get used to for some.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
His stuff is in the truck and he is ready to roll.

Shayne once forgot her CDL. We had to have it overnight-ed to us.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
You have been around,you know the ropes. Just something for you to think about.
I was on a W/G truck out of Jacksonville FL. for awhile,I lived in PA. Me and the owner took turns flying home while the other ran single. That kept the truck producing some income,plus took care of trying to get runs out of FL. Just let dispatch know when truck is single or team again. You guys live close ,so may not need to do that,but something to consider down the road, after you train the new guy.

Saves some on the deadhead miles too.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
A team shower is two separate showers. For the price of one.

He doesn't hang around furniture stores. Know what I mean ? :)

Brisco

Expert Expediter
A team shower is two separate showers. For the price of one.

See post 7 :)

Team showers? Well.........................................................................!

OK..........:)

Now...........

I have never heard of such a thing.......

MOST Rewards cards out there state 50 Gals = 1 Shower. The Card itself does not know whether there's 1 Driver in that Truck or 2........

And...........if 2 Drivers in the same Truck are taking their Showers separately.....unlike a "Married" man & woman together......why would the Truck Stops call it a "Team" Shower?? Why Not Buy - Get One Free?

It's Driver 1 taking a Shower in one Stall.....and Driver 2 Taking a Shower in another stall......Right???

Just Wondering...............................:p

But again.............I Never Have.....and Never Will..........."Team" Drive with anybody. So......there actually may be a Team Driver Shower Agreement out there.............Know what I mean. (Never Said I Know EVERYTHING.....Just Almost Everything........:cool:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK..........:)

Now...........

I have never heard of such a thing.......

MOST Rewards cards out there state 50 Gals = 1 Shower. The Card itself does not know whether there's 1 Driver in that Truck or 2........

And...........if 2 Drivers in the same Truck are taking their Showers separately.....unlike a "Married" man & woman together......why would the Truck Stops call it a "Team" Shower?? Why Not Buy - Get One Free?

It's Driver 1 taking a Shower in one Stall.....and Driver 2 Taking a Shower in another stall......Right???

Just Wondering...............................:p

But again.............I Never Have.....and Never Will..........."Team" Drive with anybody. So......there actually may be a Team Driver Shower Agreement out there.............Know what I mean. (Never Said I Know EVERYTHING.....Just Almost Everything........:cool:)

It is just what they do, good marketing.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm always surprised when we go to the counter to get a shower they always ask if we want a team shower. I know they are being polite cause not every man and women that go in together are a couple . Guess I probably would think that they were unless told different. Then again, we know several couples who do shower separate . We just never have done it that way.