Team in a Van

JustPassinThru

Expert Expediter
We are (new to expediting) signed on with one of the small companies as a team. I don't think we have had a single run that actually called for a team. (Most of them only needed 1/2 a single driver:-() We enjoy running together, but there really doesn't seem to be any monetary advantage to it.
Is this typical?
Thanks in advance for your reply. We do appreciate the time y'all give to this Forum and the good info you contribute.

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Justpassinthru,
Teaming in a van can be ok. It is more ideal for a husband and wife that will make a little more money combined and it goes to the same household. Two people in a van supporting two families is extremely difficult. Not always recommended, but it varies greatly upon individual needs. When I get a call from a potential owner operator who wants to team drive in a van, I frequently ask if they are husb/wife, like to sight see and supplement a partial retirement package. To be more specific, teams in a van can make a little more money than a solo, but you need to decide if the extra money will be able to cover the extra fuel, maintanence and payroll for the co-driver.

Good Luck,

ABC