Tea for what ails you

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I thought this was an interesting list and I wondered how many of you have used some of these teas and what was the result?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 9.29.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 9.29.33 AM.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 23

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've tried the chamomile, because sometimes I need to sleep, but am not particularly sleepy. It didn't work. I wanted to try the green tea, but they all taste nasty to me, lol. [Earl Gray all the way!]
I like tea for itself, not as a medication/remedy. I mean, if it were effective, why would anyone create something that's 'more effective'? Especially the stuff that can be toxic, which a lot of the OTC remedies are. Maybe it's an individual chemistry thing, and some will get great results, while others don't. The only thing it does for me is taste good - but that's enough. ;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Cheri I agree with you I like tea for tea. I have found a couple of green teas I like but there are not many.

If I drink black tea it has to be Earl Grey and my other favorite is Lavender Tea by Revolution and I like it hot or cold.

As the weather gets cold I drink a lot more hot tea.

I have not tried a few of the teas on the list and did not have a clue that they every were a tea and had to google them.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I drink green tea fairly often. While I truly enjoy it now, it is an acquired taste. It took some getting used to in the beginning. I drink it strong, using two bags in the first cup and a third bag if a second cup follows.

No buzz or jolt comes from green tea. If anything, it has a calming effect which is discussed here. Making and enjoying a cup of warm green tea is more fulfilling and soothing than doing the same with coffee or hot chocolate (which I rarely drink).

I started drinking green tea for its many health benefits and drink it now simply because I have come to enjoy this beverage.

Last edited: