TAXES & Y2K ??

G

WHAT IS THE PRECENTAGE YOU CAN TAKE OFF YOUR DAYLY $32.00 LOG BOOK DEDUCTION? I'V BEEN TOLD 60% & 80%.

I'V BEEN A LITTLE CONCERN ABOUT EXPEDITE FREIGHT DURING THE Y2K, I'M NOT SO CONCERD ABOUT THE STATES ITS THE OTHER COUNTRIES. I'V SEEN ON TV THAT THE OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT AS UP TO DATE THE Y2K AS US & SOME HARDLY UP TO DATE AT ALL. A LOT OF PRODUCTS COME FROM OTHER COUNTIES DO YOU THANK THIS WILL HURT OUR FREIGHT? I'M CONCERD ABOUT US EXPEDITERS HAUL A LOT OF AUTOMOTIVE SO WHAT DO YOU THANK & WHATS YOUR CONCERNS?
PS.THANKS FOR ALL OF YOU THAT REPLY

G

TAXES

If anything does stop working at the first of the year...Expiditers will be called to move the repair parts or replacement partsfrom someone else.
Y2K is going to be a gold mine for you.

Rob A

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: TAXES

If there are any Y2K problems in the off shore countries, that won't show up for a least 30 to 60 days.The goods that are in transit now still have to work their way through the system. I would expect that most companies with off shore operations have ensured Y2k compliance.
you will only have to worry if the stuff you regularly haul comes from places like Albania or Iran or Zaire, the truly backward countries. Any country with a regular trading base will likely be Y2K compliant, the shipping lines and airlines have too much invested not to ensure that they are ready.