Taxes and politics or how to make a million

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ok I got to tell you I am not a person who likes a lot of change but I would like to see one change made in our great country, Taxes.

I heard all about this fair tax stuff and got the book to read. It was kind of funny that it was given to me at the same time I order the soft cover but that is just filler as I think.

So after reading the book and thinking about it, I think it is time for a change.

I am not going to explain the entire bill in the house (hr-25) but will tell you a sales tax on everything new. not used but new. Read the book.

Oh for the people who are not too bright I want to point something out that if you think that this is a tax for the rich and that we need to be like Europe – who by the way is now considering more taxes to control behavior like beer drinking tax, just image 40% taxes on that bottle of bier.

AND one last thing, we are the only country that has a tax system like this, it was changed three times in our history and experimented with all the time. Why can’t make a change to the tax system, if it fails we can at least say we tried.

Comments?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Listen to Mr. Niel Bortz talk show host. This guy is brilliant, bashes both Republicans and Democrats. I believe he also promotes your book by the way what is the book?

I think a new tax system on goods purchased is much more fair. Figure this one out, why are we not allowed to have Saving Medical Plans with Tax Deductions on them, thus being self employed small business people we are basically exempt unless we want to set up a very expensesive plan to monitor it. But work for any employeer with 50 or more people and you will have this option.

Every Tax Deduction available to Donald Trump should be available to Joe the Truck Driver no exceptions, no loop holes, Period ........ Income is income, it should all be equal I should be entitled to the same deductions as you and vs.vs.

Home Intrest Loans are a scam and so are the Second Mortages, its all a scam to keep you in debt and to keep two people in jobs as to raise the homes (tax base) into a higher bracket and keep you working, but notice intrest on a home mortage or second mortage does not reduce your S.S. liablity or State income tax in most cases. Why? Well think about it one thing our government will not allow to be touched is the small guys requirement into the S.S. program. But the Donald does not take a pay check only Dividends thus avoiding S.S. but you me and your spouse contribute 100% to the max which is now around $85K per person on all income.

Nobody said D.C. is fair know the rules and how to avoid as much liablity that is available. Get out of Debt and Stay Out is one good way to beat the system. Our Government would hate it if we followed our Grandparents paths to no debt, no debt one does not need to work as hard thus less $ for the Government to collect, D.C. loved the 70s when the women came out of the house and began working, two cars etc... Bigger Homes more expensive cars all financed against the Home equals more $ for D.C.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Broom... you hit the nail on the head. Putting women in the workforce destroyed our one-income household mentality. Half the money from the second income usually goes to childcare. If you don't have affordable medical insurance, there goes the other half. Is it worth it? In most cases, no. But we all want the trinkets other ppl on the block have. Not to mention, with twice as many ppl in the workforce, wages dropped or stagnated since the seventies.

I have to disagree on a federal sales tax. Simple logic... when have they ever gotten rid of a tax? We'd have both sales tax AND income tax before long. Then you may as well call us the United States of Canada.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It should please the class-envious types among us. The wealthy will still want that new Lamborghni, and if I have an exceptional year, I may be able to get that used Neon I've had my eye on.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
THawk: The one income household mentality put the non income producing partner at tremendous risk of destitution - what happens to a woman who is incapable of supporting herself, much less children, too, if the income is no longer available?
Every able adult should be capable of self support.