Tanker truck stolen and standoff

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Edwardsville Il. a tanker truck is stolen and the driver crashes into a building near Schneider trucking and police believe the man is armed and have surrounded the building with firefighters standing by

bobwg

Expert Expediter
UPdate the driver crashed the fuel tanker into the office building at the Schneider terminal, roads around the area are closed

moose

Veteran Expediter
thanks for the Info.
i was wondering why all the Police cars.
ironically
i moved to the left lane going west on the 64, because of an Alligator and a Schinder truck blocking part of the right lane and the whole shoulders, right after it blow a drive tire and the driver was out side on the road.
which slowed the police swap team just a bit .!
sorry,
i did not expected the car lights behind me to move at about 110Mph, with flashing police lights only to it's rear...

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Update driver is Schnieder employee and made threats to burn down his home before stealing fuel tanker and crashing it into the Schneider office he is considered armed with a gun and refuses to surrender

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
They need to end this bull thousands of dollars to talk him into giving up put one in his head why do we train snipers and not use them

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They need to end this bull thousands of dollars to talk him into giving up put one in his head why do we train snipers and not use them

Can you imagine the outcry from the anti-police crowd if this were to happen. My god, we would never hear the end of it.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I looked to see if there's a story, nothing. Just the photos. I don't see a tanker either, looks like the tractor may have caught fire though.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Update driver is Schnieder employee and made threats to burn down his home before stealing fuel tanker and crashing it into the Schneider office he is considered armed with a gun and refuses to surrender

This is going to do wonders to help clean up the public's perception of truck drivers. God, I hope the guy doesn;t have long hair, a teashirt with holes on it (whith a fat belly sticking ouut of it) and cowboy boots on! Man, that is just insane!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

After being in a truck for years the thought of a warm jail cell, free food, and a free weekly shower might just be enough to coax the guy out of the truck! lol

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Can you imagine the outcry from the anti-police crowd if this were to happen. My god, we would never hear the end of it.
Yeah .... not to mention those folks that actually believe the Constitution really means something ..... :rolleyes:

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah .... not to mention those folks that actually believe the Constitution really means something ..... :rolleyes:

The use of deadly force is justified and allowed.

Otherwise the police would never be able to shoot someone in a stand off.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anyone know the difference between a tanker and a van. looks like a van behind the truck

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This guy earned it.
Learn the difference between the rule of law and the rule of men .... and then learn the meaning of these words:

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury ..... nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; ....."

You can find the complete text here:

Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution

What did the baby do?
Was there a baby involved ?

Sorry I musta missed that ..... :rolleyes:

The use of deadly force is justified and allowed.
In particular circumstances, certainly.

Otherwise the police would never be able to shoot someone in a stand off.
See above.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter

Turn in your American citizenship immediately. You'd be more at home in North Korea.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.