Tale of 2 Shops

asap4u

Expert Expediter
Ode To The Blower Motor

The Hino’s old blower not bloweth,
Unless to the dash thou wouldst slapeth.
And once again so,
There cometh the flow,
That giveth the cause to be happith.

We stopped by Rush Truck Center in Atlanta to get the blower motor running better. Instead, we were taken hostage! Thrown into expeditor’s prison because we stumbled into an ambush of a $352 diagnostic bill (2 hr minimum at $176 per hour)after giving them the key. At least in CA they tell you up front you’re getting screwed.

Anyway, the estimate to replace a $300 blower motor at Rush was $1350. We passed, and after some negotiation with the manager, were released from captivity for $176.

Next, 50 miles away at the TA in Cartersville GA, we got the blower motor replaced for $925, which included a 100 mile parts run to ...........Rush Truck Center

Finally, Hino’s should only be run in groups of 3 as it takes the profits of 2 to cover the repairs to the 3rd.

Kudos to TA!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Ode To The Blower Motor

The Hino’s old blower not bloweth,
Unless to the dash thou wouldst slapeth.
And once again so,
There cometh the flow,
That giveth the cause to be happith.

We stopped by Rush Truck Center in Atlanta to get the blower motor running better. Instead, we were taken hostage! Thrown into expeditor’s prison because we stumbled into an ambush of a $352 diagnostic bill (2 hr minimum at $176 per hour)after giving them the key. At least in CA they tell you up front you’re getting screwed.

Anyway, the estimate to replace a $300 blower motor at Rush was $1350. We passed, and after some negotiation with the manager, were released from captivity for $176.

Next, 50 miles away at the TA in Cartersville GA, we got the blower motor replaced for $925, which included a 100 mile parts run to ...........Rush Truck Center

Finally, Hino’s should only be run in groups of 3 as it takes the profits of 2 to cover the repairs to the 3rd.

Kudos to TA!

Bad experience at Rush in Orlando too! Personally, I will pass on any further dealings with them.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

asap4u

Expert Expediter
We ran into another blower motor ripoff on our Hino #2 at Hino of Orlando. Stay away from this business. They wanted $1400 to install: $150 diagnosis + $275 blower motor + $975 labor.

Call it what you want - cost for convenience or highway robbery. My driver sensed my level of frustration and installed the blower motor himself. I paid him very well for his 1 hour of work.

The only way to put these Hino dealers on notice that we will refuse their predatory practices is to inform one another.

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Wow! on your blower motor price quote. My Ford Transit seems to require unnecessarily difficult access for mechanics ( book time says 7.5-9 hours to replace front struts, includes some dash disassembly), but the blower motor replacement at a private garage is $140, parts and labor. I suppose I should be happy to pay it.