TA Ontario Ca, New Rules and fees

DriverX

Seasoned Expediter
Went into the Fuel island at the TA east in Ontario today and was greeted by a sign that state "new parking fees coming soon". I went on to read that the rate for 24 hour parking is going uo from $12.00 per day to $20.00 per day. I ask the Gm and he told me that also the minimum purchase from the store to get free parking will also go up to $30.00 per day from $20.00 , also you will have to buy 60 gallons of fuel p from the $50.00 now required!
I said okay no problem as being in a straight truck we alwasy park out in the front lot and were told they are ending that practice at the same time and anyone parking there after the change will be towed.They know they have a monopoly on parking in the L.A. area and have us by the short hairs so we are gettin screwed yet again!:eek:

DriverX

Seasoned Expediter
Went into the Fuel island at the TA east in Ontario today and was greeted by a sign that state "new parking fees coming soon". I went on to read that the rate for 24 hour parking is going uo from $12.00 per day to $20.00 per day. I ask the Gm and he told me that also the minimum purchase from the store to get free parking will also go up to $30.00 per day from $20.00 , also you will have to buy 60 gallons of fuel up from the $50.00 now required!
I said okay no problem as being in a straight truck we always park out in the front lot and were told they are ending that practice at the same time and anyone parking there after the change will be towed.They know they have a monopoly on parking in the L.A. area and have us by the short hairs so we are gettin screwed yet again!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
There are so many better places to park than the TA in Ontario.... I can't believe anyone would even mention this.

I guess to each, his own.

fired at you from my Droideka

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Was at the TA in Tampa FLA. last week and they have also increased the back lot parking to $20 per night..lose the ticket and it is $60 flat...$50 fuel purchase is also required..

For now, vans and sprinters can still park up ft with the motorhomes without a fee, but no ST's.....

DriverX

Seasoned Expediter
I forgot to mention, the fee for losing your ticket here in Ontario will be........$100.00 that is posted on the sign!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
There are so many better places to park than the TA in Ontario.... I can't believe anyone would even mention this.

I guess to each, his own.

fired at you from my Droideka

Agreed, we have never and will never park at the Ontario TA or any t/s that charges to park.

(there are way to many wally worlds , sams clubs, lowes, cracker barrels, and home depots in this country to even consider paying to park overnight. )

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Agreed, we have never and will never park at the Ontario TA or any t/s that charges to park.

(there are way to many wally worlds , sams clubs, lowes, cracker barrels, and home depots in this country to even consider paying to park overnight. )

The Wally world in Rancho Cucamonga is off limits- they even sent a letter to FDCC a couple years back. The mall is a definite NO. So where DO trucks park? I know the best buy by the target welcomes trucks, but I'm talking the 3-5 days you'll likely be there.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Oh, my hubby pointed out- don't ruin this for us!- you *may* be able to buy gift cards the first day, redeem them the next. This should be done on seperate parking tickets to avoid suspicion...lol.
We hate paying for parking as much as the rest of 'em, but we will leave and come back only when neccesary to make it as small a sum as possible. If we fueled, we'll stay our 24, then leave.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
They know they have a monopoly on parking in the L.A. area and have us by the short hairs so we are gettin screwed yet again!:eek:

No they don't have a monopoly on parking in the L.A. area. They have a monopoly on their parking lot. There are plenty of places to park. You just have to look around.

Of course my opinion is easy to maintain as Diane and I are in a straight truck with a sleeper that has a bathroom and shower. Parking a factory cab big-rig is another matter.

Either way, truck parking is an acquired skill in this business. If you have a hard time figuring it out, decide now to get good enough at it to make truck parking easy, not hard. Then do what it takes to get good at it.

Study the land. Think things through. Develop a good sense of the kinds of places in a city where truck parking can be found. Think about the last ten places you parked that were not truck stops. What did they have in common? How did you find them? Did you mark them in your GPS or on a map or in a notebook? What can you learn from then that will serve you going forward.

Mixerman2006

Seasoned Expediter
Choices are alot more limited in a tt especially if you dont know the area. Luckily i dont get over that way very often. The last few times i was able to park on the side of an industrial street where i unloaded. Got lucky or else i wouldve been stuck at the ta. So if anyone knows of any hidden areas please share.

astikhossw

Seasoned Expediter
There is a another truck stop in Fontana,Ca i think if i remember right on cherry or one of those fruit tree exits and another in Rialto Ca a little futher east on the 10, the fontana truck stop is a pay stop also but maybe not 20.00 and the first 4 or 8 hours you don't have to pay.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Lawrence, you sure?

Got a name that we can scream at the manager when the truck is being towed?

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
If you have a UltraONE Expediter Card - you can park out front.

Not a member? Join here:

UltraONE Rewards Card for TravelCenters of America and Petro Truck Stops

I'm gonna change my card, then!
I'm really hoping we can stay up front, it's so much easier to shower everyday when you don't have to drive over from wherever you parked the night before. I heard last night there were 4 or so straights up front and 13 bobtails in ONT East. Later in the afternoon (after the back lot probably filled up!) security came by and kicked all the bobtails out and left the straights alone. Same thing happened when we were there this fall/winter.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I see ST's up front at the TA's all the time, right there with the ma and pa motorhomes...and in more then a few TA's bobtails are up ft also....

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
The Wally world in Rancho Cucamonga is off limits- they even sent a letter to FDCC a couple years back. The mall is a definite NO. So where DO trucks park? I know the best buy by the target welcomes trucks, but I'm talking the 3-5 days you'll likely be there.

Wow. Three to five in California? Who you runnin' for?

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Wow. Three to five in California? Who you runnin' for?

Is that "wow, why do you sit that long?" or "wow, how'd you get out so quick?" lol

Fdcc. Sometimes it's because freight is slow, sometimes you just want a couple days of rest after a hard week :)