T-Val is Thermoking only now?

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I talked with my recruiter today who told me FDCC is only accepting T-Val trucks with thermoking units from now on. Anyone else hear this ? Thoughts or feelings?

It's gonna decrease all the used t-val trucks value that don't have a tk unit on them.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
There is one member here very pro TK.
I have never heard anyone else say what an improvement they have been.

Would any TK owners like to tell their success stories ?

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I like my tripak. I have replaced everything on it except the engine, but it has 22,000 hours on it. No experience with their refers.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I heard about that last year when I was going through tval testing. They say thermo king is better equipment.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sound more like we are becoming employees. What's next? Freightliner or may KW ONLY? Not a very good development. Fewer options always leads to higher costs. What do you do if there are no GOOD TK dealers/repair shops where you live? Is this new policy in writing anywhere or is it still in the rumor stage?

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Sound more like we are becoming employees. What's next? Freightliner or may KW ONLY? Not a very good development. Fewer options always leads to higher costs. What do you do if there are no GOOD TK dealers/repair shops where you live? Is this new policy in writing anywhere or is it still in the rumor stage?

I just got the email from my recruiter saying they won't let the truck I'm about to buy, or was about to buy, on because of the carrier refer unit. I guess technically if I don't post it it's rumor but it's no longer rumor to me. Although he did not point me to a place where I could see it in fedex red. As most recruiters want to get more trucks I can't imagine he'd make it up. He did say they proved to be too unreliable. That's the only thing he said about it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just got the email from my recruiter saying they won't let the truck I'm about to buy, or was about to buy, on because of the carrier refer unit. I guess technically if I don't post it it's rumor but it's no longer rumor to me. Although he did not point me to a place where I could see it in fedex red. As most recruiters want to get more trucks I can't imagine he'd make it up. He did say they proved to be too unreliable. That's the only thing he said about it.

Mine is reliable. Just ANOTHER nail. Wonder why that has not yet been put out in writing? Kinda make you wonder, don't it? Nothing worse for a company to allow major things remain rumors.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
My question is what happens when you don't know this and build it and it's ready and they won't add it? Then what is the person supposed to do? What if I had bought it and called to sign it up and they told me they wouldn't take it then?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My question is what happens when you don't know this and build it and it's ready and they won't add it? Then what is the person supposed to do? What if I had bought it and called to sign it up and they told me they wouldn't take it then?

It is VERY bad business if this is as it seems. In more ways than one. IF I were planning on building a new TVAL truck I would have put on Carrier. Mine has served us well and continues to do so. I have a Carrier shop not far from me that has done well by us. Demanding TK reefers only takes the "independent" out of independent contractor. The "My way or the highway" style does little to improve things.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
And he made a point to say the rest of the truck was perfectly fine. Just the refer brand. And I thought I saw where those new volvo's with 18' boxes and ari sleepers were carrier units. Yet somehow some of them were approved but my truck wasn't.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And he made a point to say the rest of the truck was perfectly fine. Just the refer brand. And I thought I saw where those new volvo's with 18' boxes and ari sleepers were carrier units. Yet somehow some of them were approved but my truck wasn't.

It is not how this should be handled. IF it is totally correct, it is not a good move.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
When those new Volvo's T-Val tested they were told they would probably be the last Carriers leased on.
They were told if you have a Carrier now, you can repair or replace it .

Rumor ? I doubt it. The two people that told me this both claim to have heard it personally from office staff while in Green.
Independent incidences.

I was surveyed recently, asking why I have had no reefer problems in the last twelve months.

My first two answers:
1) I bought quality/proven equipment
2) I went to Carrier Frt Wayne for the install. People that know what they're doing.

One week ago tonight I bumped into a friend in a brand new Stoops set up.
One of his first comments was "I sure miss my Carrier. "

We weren't even talking reefers. :(

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Post 16. Isn't this about where DaveKC should be jumping in to say " I'm glad I don't mess with reefers anymore. " ?

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
It does make me question if I want to go the t-val route or stay dry box and start to build a fleet of dry box trucks. It's less overhead but I keep hearing the revenue isn't as good as a refer truck. Of course no one talks in terms of profit... Just revenue...

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Dry box , running DOD loads. My favorite. Less worries. No Qualcomm messages asking what your temps are. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app