T&K Trucking

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I've read the many stories about T&K. The good and the bad of Pete. I drove his company van back in 2006. While he payed me everything I was owed I know some of you guys have been screwed over. Since I did work for him and I live local to him, I do know where he resides or did!
I'm no longer in the expedite field, I'm back doing my first love of criminal justice. For any small carriers, I do field safety work, as in accident investigations, insurance fraud, vehicle monitoring, process serving.
If any driver wants to recoup their loss of money through T&K through the civil court. I will serve your subpoenas free of charge. Simply file the papers and pm me with the info. Take care and god bless!

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone have current information about T&K? I,m looking for up to date contacts and/or bankruptcy information, like time and date, and what court the hearing is in. If you don't want to post, please PM or e-mail me. [email protected].
This company is kind of a enigma. They were around for about 9 years and made it through the really tough times in 2008 and early 2009. They booked a lot of loads and seemed to have a penchant for hitting home runs (a lot of Texas). I'm sure they bid cheap but they paid cheap, and slow, so that was kind of a wash as far as their gross income. I dealt with the VP (Peter), dispatchers and back office. All were knowledgeable, efficent and curteous. Their big problem seemed to be payroll. (I don't know how or if they paid their stake holders.) I think a look at the bankuuptcy audit and where the money went would be interesting.
About 4 months ago I did 6500 paid miles in 16 days and about half was for T&K. You know the rest of the story. Many attempts were made to contact the check writter (owner, Machelle) but she had already made herself unreachable. Any information the forum can supply about T&K will be sincerly appreciated.

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Michelle is Pete's wife and the actual owner of the company. I'm not sure if they're still there, but they lived in one of the subdivisions next to the industrial park where their offices were located.
Pete would walk to work. I don't think he had a valid drivers license or if he did it was suspended. The company never ever had an actual customer base. All their freight came from the load boards.
That was their first downfall! I remember running a load from Bedford Park, IL to Ankeny IA. On my return trip Pete had me stop to get a gas tank for one of his Straight trucks. They loaded it on my van, then came and took it off as the company check was no good. Finally wife Michelle paid for it on a separate check!
T&K tried to play with the big boys but was no where near how the big boys operate
For those of you who ran for them and got paid....consider yourself lucky. For those who ran freight and never got paid.....YOU deserve to get your just compensation. Don't let some Pete get away with this injustice! And what later on he start up another "fly by night" expedite company to screw drivers again! He should be banned from the expedite business!

Tomtom

Active Expediter
Wouldn't worry about him getting back in the business. He started when it was easy to get the contacts. Now, non-asset based company like that would be almost impossible to get any kind of momentum.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Not sure. Seems like we see the multi carrier companies start up all the time (and fall all time).

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like some of you are saying this outfit has closed up??
Yesterday I sat along side of a nice clean sprinter that had these signs still on the truck in Kokomo In. Sprinter was out of Il. Sprinter guy was in hibernation and never came out to see day light. We never had a chance to talk to him/her.
Another vanner was there and he was running the multi carrier deal and was very happy with what he has going on. Really nice guy out of Monroe Mi. Sounded like what he had going on was working for him.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Sounds like some of you are saying this outfit has closed up??
Yesterday I sat along side of a nice clean sprinter that had these signs still on the truck in Kokomo In. Sprinter was out of Il. Sprinter guy was in hibernation and never came out to see day light. We never had a chance to talk to him/her.
Another vanner was there and he was running the multi carrier deal and was very happy with what he has going on. Really nice guy out of Monroe Mi. Sounded like what he had going on was working for him.

If I'm correct we saw a t&k truck in Wisconsin around a week ago!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I'm not surprised. There's no telling what the FULL story is. Those poor guys are probably hooking up with anyone that will have them. I'd hate to lose my carrier with them owing me a few grand. I don't think anyone came out of that deal unscathed. Turns my stomach a bit for the "little guys" though.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
There may have been a couple, but, because their outside carriers hauled for multible carriers, they probably didn't carry the T&K brand. T&K did own some vans that were branded. I wonder if they signed them on with someone and haven't removed the T&K brand yet. It would make sense for them to get far in the back ground to try and avoid leins on their equipment and process servers. This strategy would preclude a bankruptcy.
Peter is a member of this forum and probably reads it to get a sense of what the expediting community is saying. Come on Peter; man up and tell us what's going on. Maybe a ex-employee (Hope you're able to get unemployment comp, if needed) can give some contact information.

Tomtom

Active Expediter
Someone has some issues. What does the business model have to do with this? Businesses tend to fail when you put the revenue into personal consumption.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
I've read the many stories about T&K. The good and the bad of Pete. I drove his company van back in 2006. While he payed me everything I was owed I know some of you guys have been screwed over. Since I did work for him and I live local to him, I do know where he resides or did!
I'm no longer in the expedite field, I'm back doing my first love of criminal justice. For any small carriers, I do field safety work, as in accident investigations, insurance fraud, vehicle monitoring, process serving.
If any driver wants to recoup their loss of money through T&K through the civil court. I will serve your subpoenas free of charge. Simply file the papers and pm me with the info. Take care and god bless!

I sent you a Pm. They own us $2500.

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
Hey Redbird, FMCSA lists a mailing address for T&K as: 1029 S Cooper, New Lennox, Il 60451. Is this in the area you mentioned in a previous post?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I'll have to check the address and if its in a residential subdivision then that will be his residence. But at least it's where I can serve subpoenas too!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Who are you? If you know me so well why don't you calle?

If you screwed a bunch of drivers over by not paying them why would you be surprised that people are upset? Are people lying? Have you paid every driver what they were owed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Someone has some issues. What does the business model have to do with this? Businesses tend to fail when you put the revenue into personal consumption.

Excellent point Tomtom. The business model doesn't have anything to do with these people getting what is owed to them. It is comical that those who knock what has come to be known on this site as the "multi carrier format" are individuals who are paranoid about this dreaded "business model" cutting in to their action and want to demonize it at every turn. Even the president of a well known transportation co. could not help but describe some start ups as "multi carrier companies". The funny thing is these organizations are sovereign entities. They are not "multi" anything. If an owner operator of a van takes freight from two or more carriers he or she is running "multi carrier" It has nothing to do with who books the freight.