T&K and Whirlwind Unpaid Drivers

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Did he collect from the shippers or the company you were leased to?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How would shippers have any obligation to the driver?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Isn't it some kind of legal chain? Maybe at one time it stemmed from the shipper/customer not paying the carrier that didn't pay the truck?????? Dunno.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The BOL is a contract between the shipper, receiver and carrier. Even when the BOL contains a "No Recourse" provision (where you forfeit any and all recourse to the shipper and receiver, which is a provision that preserves their relationship with their customers if they fall behind or shut down and reopen under a new name), the shippers are often still held liable for unpaid charges. If a trucker broker, freight forwarder or 3pl receives payment for your freight charges and subsequently files bankruptcy, if you have a non negotiable contract (which all BOLs are) with the shipper and receiver you may then enforce the contract barring a few important factors.

rockytopman2

Seasoned Expediter

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app[/

I didn't ask, but either the shipper and/or consignee contracted with the Broker to have the shipment moved. Therefor the shipper and/or consignee is responsible to the Carrier to pay the freight charges.

First try to collect from Brokers Bond. If the Bond funds have been exhausted, then go to the shipper and/or consignee to collect.

Hope this helps.

Jim

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app[/

I didn't ask, but either the shipper and/or consignee contracted with the Broker to have the shipment moved. Therefor the shipper and/or consignee is responsible to the Carrier to pay the freight charges.

First try to collect from Brokers Bond. If the Bond funds have been exhausted, then go to the shipper and/or consignee to collect.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Good to see you stuck it out And collected.... Many cry and do nothing !

paullud

Veteran Expediter

Hope this helps.

Jim

I'm not owed anything I was just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Tomtom

Active Expediter
I hope no one pays money until something is collected. Over the years I have seen plenty of scams around this. And you can find companies that will take it on contingency.

We have collected in the past because the shipper just wanted it to go away. It helps to be the first in on these types of things.

And for the record, I'm not against greenmail. Just don't mistake it for being a legal obligation on the part of the shipper.