T.A. discounts?

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Where have the T.A. discounts gone? My last two purchases - Gary, IN and Monroe, MI - have not indicated a discount. Anybody know what's going on?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Dear Valued Comdata Customer,
Effective July 1, 2010 TravelCenters of America (TA) will discontinue printing the net ( discounted ) amount on it's TA receipts for fuel purchases. You will now only see the gross retail total on your TA receipts. THIS CHANGE DOES NOT IMPACT ANY PREEXISTING FUEL DISCOUNTS YOU ARE CURRENTLY RECEIVING.
This decision to remove the net ( discount) amount was made exclusively by TA. Comdata does not endorse this decision.
On behalf of Comdata, I thank you for your business. We appreciate the opportunity you have given Comdata to serve your company and look forward to continuing to provide valuable solutions.

Sincerely,
Randy Morgan
Executive Vice President
Comdata

I received this letter to get the word out before all of the wild stories got out there

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I received this letter to get the word out before all of the wild stories got out there
Now we need an explanation from TA, otherwise the wild stories will get out there. While not impossible, this certainly makes it harder to accurately record fuel purchases.

I wonder if it's as simple as too many fuel tickets were left laying around and TA got tired of listening to drivers from other carriers whine about the discount.

Or, is this a prelude to them drastically reducing or eliminating the discounts in such a fashion as to keep it hidden, at least for a while?

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The TA discount is a contracted amount so they cant reduce it until the contract is up and no i don't know when that is. As it stands i guess the best thing to do is weekly check your comdata account online against your billing statments