Sylectus

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I offer you up a famous poem and words of wisdom that a famed member of this forum once gave me. His name is 60MPH. You can search for all of his posts about fuel mileage and how driving at 60MPH is so slow that most road rage drivers can't go that slow long enough to mess with you and he was right. I have tested this out before. He told me "just because you're on Sylectus, it doesn't mean your bid will be selected." lol It was kind of like a rap type of jingle he used to tell me whenever I would bid on 50 loads a day and get no response.

Jobu

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hello guys
Can anybody help me with an advice?
I got an account with sylectus 5 months ago and I never really used it. But since I pay $300 monthly I would like to cancel it. Is there a way to cancel it since I signed a three years contract???

Check your messages

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People, it's not THAT great. Keep in mind the loads are what nobody else thought would be worth taking

Until there's an alternative, sleeping until my carrier calls with a higher rate than I could get myself isn't bad.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
People, it's not THAT great. Keep in mind the loads are what nobody else thought would be worth taking

Until there's an alternative, sleeping until my carrier calls with a higher rate than I could get myself isn't bad.

If your carrier has a customer that needs service & they don't have a vehicle in that area .... what do you think they tell the customer?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

If your carrier has a customer that needs service & they don't have a vehicle in that area .... what do you think they tell the customer?
They take the order, then broker it out. Then that company takes the order, then they broker it out. Then that company takes the order...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

They take the order, then broker it out. Then that company takes the order, then they broker it out. Then that company takes the order...

Not always ....
Lots of companies good, bad, legitimate and illegitimate do business on sylectus. I'm not saying it's best to have it as the exclusive source ... but there are good paying loads on there ... there's also crap. But it's not exclusively .... loads are what nobody else thought would be worth taking.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not exclusively I suppose.

From the perspective that this thread is from; single drivers with new businesses sharing a membership; wouldn't you agree they'd do better with a good carrier than what they could get on Sylectus with a fresh mc# and few trucks?

Perhaps I should have said "people, its not THAT great, with a new business, the type of loads you will likely win are the loads no one else wanted"

Sheesh I need a disclaimer now :p

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not exclusively I suppose.

From the perspective that this thread is from; single drivers with new businesses sharing a membership; wouldn't you agree they'd do better with a good carrier than what they could get on Sylectus with a fresh mc# and few trucks?

Perhaps I should have said "people, its not THAT great, with a new business, the type of loads you will likely win are the loads no one else wanted"

Sheesh I need a disclaimer now :p

No disclaimer needed, I disagree with that statement as well. :p:p

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anything I have said about Sylectus is from the perspective of a Canadian doing cross-border freight only, for a brand new company, and has nothing to do with the experience an American driver may have with the platform. It should not be construed as an accurate representation of what any other Sylectus user may experience

Last edited:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Not always ....
Lots of companies good, bad, legitimate and illegitimate do business on sylectus. I'm not saying it's best to have it as the exclusive source ... but there are good paying loads on there ... there's also crap. But it's not exclusively .... loads are what nobody else thought would be worth taking.
A lot of loads you never even see on Sylectus because brokers will search the area for the posted vehicles of preferred carriers and offer the load directly to that carrier. This is true especially when time is of the essence and they have their customer one the line and need a quote fast and cannot post the load and sift through numerous bids.This is when contacts and reputation come into play. Landstar brokers use Sylectus to find preferred carriers. They don't tell you that when you become a Landstar approved partner carrier. Landstar will not even see your posted vans when you first sign up for Sylectus.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And when they get really desperate - anybody. I still have 2 Landstar BOL from being with a brand new company on Sylectus; memory is foggy, but I think it was approved by Landstar to be brokered out by their partner carrier, one of those glorious runs where I'm not keeping 1 carrier updated, but 2.

Great resource for a mid sized carrier. I was trying to discourage single drivers from expecting to survive with 1 truck and a Sylectus membership, but yes, still the biggest expedite freight board I think