Sylectus

Vasile Stegarescu

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello guys
Can anybody help me with an advice?
I got an account with sylectus 5 months ago and I never really used it. But since I pay $300 monthly I would like to cancel it. Is there a way to cancel it since I signed a three years contract???

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why don't you use it? Lots of loads with lots of miles!
What's the name of your company? There might be a way to offset that fee.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
It will likely solely depend on the language of your contract concerning cancellation. I think that the best you can hope for is a modest early cancellation fee.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I’m not yet able to join Sylectus but I’m willing to share in the monthly fee if you’re interested? PM me if interested!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I’m not yet able to join Sylectus but I’m willing to share in the monthly fee if you’re interested? PM me if interested!

What's the barrier to signing up?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

Minimum 5 units, minimum 1 year with your own authority, several reference from brokers you dealt with in that 1 year. Of course, there are A lot of people getting around that already.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Minimum 5 units, minimum 1 year with your own authority, several reference from brokers you dealt with in that 1 year. Of course, there are A lot of people getting around that already.

WOM ...
I'm aware what the requirements are for Sylectus. :rolleyes:
I was asking RedBird specifically what their barrier is .....?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force

WOM ...
I'm aware what the requirements are for Sylectus. :rolleyes:
I was asking RedBird specifically what their barrier is .....?

As in if you asked "What's your barrier to signing up"? As "their" could also refer to Sylectus itself.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It appears Sylectus has some strict requirements for membership. If one shared the monthly fee with a current Sylectus member, would not that person also be "sharing" the member's DOT number, authority, insurance etc?

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It appears Sylectus has some strict requirements for membership. If one shared the monthly fee with a current Sylectus member, would not that person also be "sharing" the member's DOT number, authority, insurance etc?

These are mere technicalities ... :rolleyes:
Obstacles to overcome ...

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
These are mere technicalities ... :rolleyes:
Obstacles to overcome ...

There are guys that I know utilizing others Sylectus account for a percentage!
As someone stated earlier mere obstacles to maneuver around!
However, I’ve been doing successful without Sylectus, so I shall continue to succeed without it until the company as a whole agrees to invest in it when we are able to join on our own!

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I don’t know what kind of pot stirring was created. But certainly some questions were asked and answered. But the biggest mystery is why get out of Sylectus, when majority of expedited freight is posted on there!

Reactions: ntimevan

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don’t know what kind of pot stirring was created. But certainly some questions were asked and answered. But the biggest mystery is why get out of Sylectus, when majority of expedited freight is posted on there!

I can think of reasons to bale.
The old putting the cart before the horse.
Joined but never got the business up and running.
Or just leased to a carrier.
Or maybe changed course, running for his customers. Maybe round trip or out and back.
In any case that’s a lot to spend for something you’re not using.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was playing the devil's advocate with my comments about overcoming obstacles.
Sharing logins sounds pretty sketchy to me. I'm sure it goes on and much, much more.
I've seen some pretty wacky stuff this year alone.
There is no end in sight to this industry ever getting cleaned up .... none.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was playing the devil's advocate with my comments about overcoming obstacles.
Sharing logins sounds pretty sketchy to me. I'm sure it goes on and much, much more.
I've seen some pretty wacky stuff this year alone.
There is no end in sight to this industry ever getting cleaned up .... none.
Why would you think it would ever get "cleaned up" ?
The mainstream carriers are just as bad for abusing the system as anyone..they say one thing but when a good customer has a slim budget but needs their stuff moved...mainstream carriers will do as customer needs...
Mainstream carriers...? Use your imagination...LOL