Sweet Justice......Texas Style

Brisco

Expert Expediter
"Break Into My Truck.......and Then Try To Beat Me With a Pipe???"

"Bring It ON!!!"

IMO.....SWEET JUSTICE!

Suspect, 60, beaten to death after caught breaking into big rig

HOUSTON – One suspect was killed and another got away after a truck driver caught the two trying to burglarize his 18-wheeler Tuesday night, according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.

The 60-year-old suspect and an accomplice were caught breaking into a big rig parked in the 8500 block of C.E. King Parkway at Tidwell around 10:15 p.m.

The truck driver’s wife was taking him to bring a load of tools to his 18-wheeler and, when the two arrived, they spotted suspects inside the rig.

Investigators said the driver approached the truck, but when he opened the door, one of the suspects started attacking him with a metal pipe.

The two struggled, and at some point, the driver snatched the pipe away and started beating the suspect with it, deputies said.

That suspect was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries. His identity has not been released. The second suspect got away and was still on the run Tuesday evening.

Deputies: Suspect, 60, beaten to death after caught breaking into big rig | khou.com Houston

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
This could go both ways...depends on the thinking of the DA.....once the man was disarmed it was then the trucker using deadly force....hmmmm

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
This could go both ways...depends on the thinking of the DA.....once the man was disarmed it was then the trucker using deadly force....hmmmm

You never know if they have anything else... maybe a gun. Better to beat the crap out of him, than to wish you did.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You never know if they have anything else... maybe a gun. Better to beat the crap out of him, than to wish you did.
I guess my point is, and you know how some think is....IF he didn't have another weapon, his partner ran and left him alone like the rat he is....at some point he becomes an unarmed person and the driver becomes the aggressor....it'll be interesting how this turns out...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I guess my point is, and you know how some think is....IF he didn't have another weapon, his partner ran and left him alone like the rat he is....at some point he becomes an unarmed person and the driver becomes the aggressor....it'll be interesting how this turns out...

Since it is Texas, thieves may be lower than whale poop level and the truck driver saved the state a lot of money,imho. As many have said in here, its time we take control of our homes and a rig is a drivers home, so there u go. Im sure the Pelosi and Reed crowd will be along soon, of couse the obama crowd always shows up...........................

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They should give that driver a medal. Ridding the world of scum and saved the cost of a trial. ANY DA that would charge this driver should be fired and charged for gross stupidity! THEN shot!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I heard that the two men in the truck, and the truck driver, were involved in a Texas-sized, torrid love triangle, and the other two had very recently jilted the truck driver. He couldn't tell the police, or his wife, the real story, so he came up with the thieves story to cover his butt, as it were, when the spat turned violent.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I heard that the two men in the truck, and the truck driver, were involved in a Texas-sized, torrid love triangle, and the other two had very recently jilted the truck driver. He couldn't tell the police, or his wife, the real story, so he came up with the thieves story to cover his butt, as it were, when the spat turned violent.
Was the old guy named JR - and is he really dead :confused:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scumbag Thief DEAD by the hands of his Victim.........

Aint no better story than that..........Sheeeez...... :):):)

a thief? really?....a disarmed man cowering on the ground as his head is beat in by an out of control lunatic?....really?.....

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
a thief? really?....a disarmed man cowering on the ground as his head is beat in by an out of control lunatic?....really?.....

It was at night, according to the story. According to Exodus, burglars may be killed at night without guilt.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It was at night, according to the story. According to Exodus, burglars may be killed at night without guilt.
and you guys are one and the same about constitutional rights?.....what you defend only the ones you like?.......to think you'd stand around and cheer when someones brains are bashed about....says alot about some Americans.....bunch of ignorant barbarians...if that is your type...

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
In texas, if you are in your domicile and you are attacked you can use whatever force is necessary. However, the whatever force necessary ends when the attacker is first unable to retaliate. But that applies to the domicile not a truck, and coming upon them while outside of the truck ---- interesting.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
and you guys are one and the same about constitutional rights?.....what you defend only the ones you like?.......to think you'd stand around and cheer when someones brains are bashed about....says alot about some Americans.....bunch of ignorant barbarians...if that is your type...

No, barbarism is violent criminal activity...and those who tolerate it, or oppose those who defend themselves against it.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
In texas, if you are in your domicile and you are attacked you can use whatever force is necessary. However, the whatever force necessary ends when the attacker is first unable to retaliate. But that applies to the domicile not a truck, and coming upon them while outside of the truck ---- interesting.

In Texas, you can also use deadly force to protect your property at night, and the truck is his property.

That said, it might have been a better idea to handle it another way. But there's legal, there's ethical, and there's moral, and of the 3, legal is the least important. So if it's the other 2...